Trailer tire inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer tire inflation

After having a flat tire on my trailer after Saturdays TX, I went and bought a new one...(old one wore out).
    Goodyear Marathon ST...Load Range C.

Now....I have been running 32 psi in these tires since new. According to the Goodyear tire guy and Dean at Harbin Marine....that is incorrect...these tires are supposed to be run at 45-50 psi.

As always....I am a little under-inflated.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

50PSI cold is recommended on most trailer tires (I think)

I have some Maxxis tires - been good to me so far.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Didn't know that. Thanks for passing the info along.
      sigpic

Comment

Plus....after checking that particular hub (the one that had the bad tire), it seems I have a bad bearing. Thanks to Jr. for getting me to check dat. NOW is the time for maintenance checks guys......NOT JUNE OR JULY.
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

FYI: I carry a air pump and a tire plug kit with me all the time. In the future if anyone has a flat at the ramp and I am nearby just holler!
          2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
          2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

yep - 45 psi on mine. I carry a couple cans of fix-a-flat in the boat and truck. Has saved me more than once.

I don't need an air pump. I have Squire. All the air I need.

Just sayin' . . .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
              yep - 45 psi on mine. I carry a couple cans of fix-a-flat in the boat and truck. Has saved me more than once.

I don't need an air pump. I have Squire. All the air I need.

Just sayin' . . .
              Yea well my partner can sing from two holes....He would give "La Petomane" a run for his franc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P├ętomane
              cheers,
              Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
              Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

me being the trailerman and i sell 300 k a yr and have experienced it all..i tell my customers to inflate at 5 psi over the reccommended amount....winter time the cold makes the tires take a sway in pressure...now this changes if its a hot day and the road is warm.....my ranger i put my tires at 55 and when i checked them the other day....was down to 49...now after the warm trip down the road..it went back to 53.....in the summertime it has a totally opposite....the tire amount raises and the heat does....this isnt always the fact..but in my 20 yrs..its close.....

Comment

Thanks Trailerman. Good info.
                  sigpic

Comment

THIS BRINGS ANOTHER ISSUE.....most of us fish all yr long so our trailers are moving.....some people dont fish for months during cold weather......tires get flat spots in them from sitting dormant in one spot.....not often but it happens..also pop your rubber caps off the ends of your axles and give a fresh squirt of grease,check the connections on your lights,check the lugs......even check your strap on your winch....you dont want to get to ramp and see the strap was frayed and now wont pull the boat out of water,because it snapped....put some grease on the coupler so you dont have rust on the unit ,so ball gets a good ground for the trailer......one guy called me on ramp..his brakes locked up and wondered why.......he hadnt checked the condition of them..it was metal on metal......i know yall all know this but now is time to just recheck.....yall are the best bunch of guys on the net.............also check conditions of bunks...they will rot over time or carpet getting in tough shape.........be safe

Comment

Thanks Trailerman.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X