Livewell Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewell Colors

I have a 2004 Nitro NX882 and it's really dark down in those livewells due to the black plastic. I see the pics of newer boats with lighter colored livewells where it's easy to see and cull fish.

I don't get in there often enough to have to cull...lol, but what can I do to get them lighter and have the fish be more visible (yes, I know, putting bigger fish in would help this too)?

Paint? Lights? Replace?

I want to keep it pretty easy and also on the inexpensive side.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

You can get a small LED that is submersible and it would work just fine - wire it to a switch

Comment

Originally posted by Striper View Post
      You can get a small LED that is submersible and it would work just fine - wire it to a switch
      striper, we are talking about erik.... maybe we should get jayt to handle it for him so he doesn't screw it up...;)
      sigpic
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J.Cash View Post
        striper, we are talking about erik.... maybe we should get jayt to handle it for him so he doesn't screw it up...;)
        I would pay someone to do it before I ever let JayT touch it.

Anyone got any experience with these from Bluewater LED - http://bluewaterled.com/catalogdetails.php?id=26
        Wishin' I was fishin'...
        www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

Bluewater has some really nice stuff, I have a few things from them on my boat. I don't have those livewell lights, but he does make good products. The lights in my livewell are flush-mount not surface mount, I'll look and see if I can find a link to them.

I'm not sure if the lights will help brighten the livewells up much in the daylight though, but it really makes 'em look cool early in the morning!!!
          sigpic
          sigpic

Comment

You could paint the inside pink.
            "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Comment

LOL Nate.

You never know nowadays when someone is telling the truth or 'pulling your chain'

Refer to BFHP for those of you wondering where the pink thing came from.
              Wishin' I was fishin'...
              www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

Take something like a Rubbermaid shower stall mat in bright white, cut to fit in bottom of each livewell. Should not float if heavy duty enough. Contrast will make dem feesh easier to see Erik.
                2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                sigpic

Comment

Ahem....culling tags? Floating whiteboard to write down the weight...oh oh, I know, those live well bags for fish that zipper up? Just sayin......
                  cheers,
                  Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                  Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

The first thing I thought of was the show mat that Dirt suggested.
                    Kirk
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL Steve,

I have floating xtools cull tags, and I've put on there the stringer clips that I think generally hold better than the stock squeeze and pinch clips that came with them. Unfortunately, they all come off on occaision. Never used the bags, and they just don't look practical to me either.

I like the shower mat idea, and will try that first, as it's probably the least expensive and I don't have to drill any holes anything.

Thanks guys.
                      Wishin' I was fishin'...
                      www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

Excellent suggestion Dirt!
                        sigpic

Comment

I decided to keep it simple and go with the shower mat idea. The lady at Bed, Bath and Beyond looked at me like I was crazy when I told her what I was using it for. She said she thought she had heard it all...but a 'livewell liner' was a new one.

Anyway, hit the Potomac on Saturday for a 1/2 day outing and put plenty of fish in there just for the fun of it. All told, we caught about 20-25 fish in 4 hours with best 5 only about 13.5lbs (which pretty much sucks right now with the way the river is fishing). I was pleased though with the shower mat and the contrast it left in the livewell when looking in.

Problem solved with the visibility, now I just need to work on that bigger fish thing.

Thanks guys.
                          Wishin' I was fishin'...
                          www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X