Clear All

• should I get this boat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5Y05H15M73n43Ef3H2c6q026d75c2b3ef166d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	97590
    http://<br /> <br /> <br /> http:...103110646.html

Found this found boat on craigslist for $600. Was thinking about offering the guy 400. I figured I could put a small outboard and a trolling motor on it. I'd use it in the river and in some lakes. Let me know what yall think, thanks.

Ultimately it's not our decision it lies squarely with you if it fits your needs and has what you want then go for it, but really to ask others if you should get it or not is not the way to go about purchasing a boat.
    Steve Sekula
    "Sempr"

sigpic

Comment

Id buy it - reminds me of a boat I fished with my grandfather in. Figure a job boat would be $700 to $800 with no trailer.

Comment

depends on what you fish for and how you like to fish. Bass fishing in the grass on the Potomac? For that, I would want a john boat, flat bottom and then put some plywood on it to create a deck. Catfishing, crappy fishing, hitting the rivers, perfect boat. Bass fishing lakes and rivers, not ideal.....so you should buy it if it is the right tool, for what you want to accomplish. I have fished out of a boat almost exactly like that, including on Lake Huron. They are very popular in Canada, I call them river boats. You can build a deck on the front of it and put a post seat in and bass fish, as my buddy did that, but let me tell you, luckily I mainly fished places with little wind and no recturds as sitting on that post with a narrow hull lead to some comedic "almosts" a few times and I stomped a rod and snapped it (not a cheap one) to keep from falling out due to a wave....but its doable....
        cheers,
        Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
        Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

If you want a foot controlled, bow mounted trolling motor, it will take some work, but I'm sure it's doable. Like Squire said, it will depend on the type of fishing you do.
          sigpic

Comment

Most of the jon boats in my price range our usually 12ft and not very wide. I worry about them it not being big enough to take out in the Jame (mostly in the upper but I go to school in richmond so I'd like to take it out there too). I've tried to do some research and I've found out that it may be a little unsteady to have a skinny jon boat. If possible id like to have a boat I could even take out in claytor lake, moomaw, and lake anna.

Comment

You might want to look at this

http://va-outdoors.com/showthread.ph...ling-this-boat
              Steve Sekula
              "Sempr"

sigpic

Comment

If it doesnt have any leaks and floats, it seems like a good one to me. It will take some modifications to get it the way you want but they all do. If you can get it for 400 with the trailer, thats not bad at all.
                You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

Comment

Working...
                X