water leak under cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak under cowling

when i run at full throttle my 2005 25 hp yamaha 4 stroke fills up at the bottom under cowling with water. it causes rough running and seems only to do it at full throttle, at idle it drains down. ive checked hoses and found no leaks. it doesnt do this on the hose , only when im in the water at fast run. anybody got any ideas? thanks

Is the "pee" stream strong? If not it could be blocked causing the water to drain inside
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

pee stream seemed normal, checked that first

Comment

it could be the force of the water at full speed running. You could have a small pin hole in the tubing or a cracked fitting. If you take the top cowling off and run full throttle you should be able to see where the leak is at.
        sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

dont know what is called but leak is coming from bottom of the rectangular box to right of oil filter. funny thing it wont do it on a hose, i had to put motor in a trash can full of water for it to leak. looks like it may be a gasket leak
          Attached Files

Comment

have you checked the torque on the bolts? it may not fix it now but worth a shot.
            sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

oh lord no, i dont do nothing mechanical. ive been known to break , ring off or completely disable mechanical things. guess ill have to cough up a repair bill

Comment

Take it to coopers marine...fast service and honest. Jim turned me on to them
                Mike c

Its near bass pro
                sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

Originally posted by g3mike View Post
                  Take it to coopers marine...fast service and honest. Jim turned me on to them
                  Mike c

Its near bass pro
                  I'll 2nd Cooper's. They have always done good work for me there, and their turnaround is very prompt.
                  Wishin' I was fishin'...
                  www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

So what was the problem? I have the same exact motor with the same problem. Any help on what the issue is would be great! I cannot find any info on this problem anywhere but here. I just noticed my leak last weekend.

Comment

it was a bad gasket on the outer exhaust cover in the pic at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                        X