2000 Procraft 180 Combo Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Procraft 180 Combo Makeover

This was/is my first new glass boat that I bought back in 2000. Over the years it has always been covered but throught the years of strictly fishing it has taking some hits.(Birds and field mice got under the cover and had a ball with the seats, wear and tear of the carpet). So I started to do the complete makeover. Everything will be done including wet sanding, compound, polish, new carpet, new seats,upholstry,new dash panals even a new steering wheel. The only thing I cant find is the passenger glove box top. Ive contacted Tracker Marine, Crane interiors, Ebay, Great Lakes Skipper and with no luck. If anyone runs across one please pm me. Bare with me on this project. All supplies are in and its just now the labor part. I started this about 2 weeks ago by wet sanding the top-cap. I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for the compound and polish which showed yeasterday so today is the the "get the hull looking good day". Here are a few pixs(kinda ashamed how long I let this ride go before I considered bringing her back to looking new.
    Last edited by Snowblind; 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM.
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

You know my number if you need help
      Mike c
      sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

Clearly not enough jim beam involved

Comment

Hey thanks Mike. Im ok for the time being. Appreciate it though
          Originally posted by g3mike View Post
          You know my number if you need help
          Mike c
          Crank That Jank!
          sigpic

Comment

The Beam Black is for the grunt work(I do have another bottle;) ). The MM46 is for when its all said and done/tu/:Toast:
            Originally posted by Striper View Post
            Clearly not enough jim beam involved
            Crank That Jank!
            sigpic

Comment

I know you have my number, offer still stands buddy!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed Jeff- thanks dude- fine for right now.
                Originally posted by Ranger374V View Post
                I know you have my number, offer still stands buddy!
                Crank That Jank!
                sigpic

Comment

Looks like a lot of work ahead, can't wait to see the results!
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't call it a come back.......
                    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

sigpicJERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

Comment

wet sand, compound and polish is done thank goodness. It didnt come out as perfect as I'd had hoped due to the rough condition the top cap was in. It looks 10x's as better as it did before I started so all not a lost cause. I just need to apply some carnauba wax(Mothers Cali. Gold Brazilian for the finish shine and protectant.

Last edited by JayT; 09-19-2013, 04:06 PM.
                      Crank That Jank!
                      sigpic

Comment

BLing bling!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        sigpic

Comment

Started on the carpet friday evening. As of midday Saturday, alll the deck/floor carpet has been cut and dry fitted. Today is the glue day. I'll be working on the lids tomorrow. I ordered the piano hinges, Tuesday Sept. 3rd , through Fastenal which was told they would had been in that thursday(still waiting:mad:). Replacing all the Teleflex Sahara gauges with the Eclipse series(thanks Larry,Jr,and Mike for the opinions). The gauges should be here Tuesday. I got real lucky and found the 3rd piece to my woodgrain console panals. Thinking Im gonna paint(vinyl upholstry paint) the beige dash to a charcoal color. Thoughts?
                          I do need to find some round t lock style hatch pulls. New them jokers are 25 buckaroos a piece(need 10). So if anybody has any used ones laying around or see them cheaper elsewhere, please let me know

Last edited by JayT; 09-19-2013, 04:09 PM.
                          Crank That Jank!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good luck Wayne, I bet it will look real nice when completed.
                            1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Comment

Floor and deck carpet done. Now on to the lids.:Drink:

Last edited by JayT; 09-19-2013, 04:10 PM.
                              Crank That Jank!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X