No announcement yet.

Storage Decison/Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the no brainer is the option that allows you to access your boat 24/7. That is what I do with my boat in storage and there is no way I would have my boat somewhere I couldn't access it in the early am or return late in the PM.
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Did some advance scouting this weekend, and both Swan Creek and Ft. Washington Marina are OUT, period. Smallwood is (by far) the leading candidate, even with the distance.

I've updated the original post with the details of my visit, I'll be visiting the other one this weekend.
      sigpic
      sigpic

Comment

When I was in Northern VA, I had my boat stored at Gateway Storage on Rt. 1 just north of the Rt. 1 - I95 Interchange. They had spots with electrical hookups and spots without. I had a spot with electric and it was great. You get 24/7 access to your boat, and it is only 5 miles from the Pohick Bay ramp and 10 miles from the Occoquan River ramp. I think the price for an electric spot was around $145/month when I had it there, but that might have changed in the last year or so. Definitely worth checking out if you are still looking for a spot.
        - rfrankli

Comment

Working...
        X