boat cover care, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat cover care, help

i have a stratos boat and the custom cover is 1 1/2 yrs old. its parked outside and cover is already starting to fade and snow is stretching it does anyone have any ideas on prolonging the life of this cover. a garage is not in my budget or covered storage. what can i expect as a lifespan for this cover. thanks:Fishing:

i get about 5 yrs out of a good cover but i do keep the snow off it - i use a broom and then i get in the boat and push the snow off it. alot of guys on here put a tarp over their covers which is a good idea.
    sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

tarp it
      sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

Big tarp long enough and wide enough to go from over the bow to the motor and over the fenders on the trailer. Tie down under trailer or other method to keep wind from blowing it off.
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

High Point sells some very good boat covers they use for shrink wrapping. They are very thick and have tie downs built on. I like them better than tarps because they are sized for your boat, shaped for your boat, and quite heavy duty and totally water repellent. I use it over mine that I have in covered storage at high point and it has been great....I paid like 200-250 for it, and it will last a long time based on its construction....
          cheers,
          Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
          Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

the tarps are nice because they will allow air to circulate and the boat to dry
            sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

thanks guys, tarp it is then:Fishing:

Comment

Working...
              X