Gas tank venting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank venting?

I just pulled the seats out of my '89 Ranger and notice the vent hoses on each side of the gas tank appear too long and are kinked in the middle. Filling the boat with fuel on both sides has always been painfully slow-could this be the reason? Has anyone ever seen this before and is there any reason that I shouldn't shorten the hose and remove the kink?

You will definitely want to remove the kinks. This will certainly help with the issue of it taking so long to fill your tanks, but more importantly, it will allow the fuel cell to vent fuel vapors. If the lines are kinked, the vapors become trapped in the fuel cell, creating a proverbial powder keg.
    ~Tight Lines~
    www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I am going to fix this before putting it back on the water again.

Comment

proverbial powder keg? I thought that is what happened when striper and jayt get together...lmao
        sigpic
        sigpic

Comment

Naw Cash, don't exaggerate...Just a lot of noise and smoke.....nothing of real substance.

Originally posted by J.Cash View Post
          proverbial powder keg? I thought that is what happened when striper and jayt get together...lmao
          cheers,
          Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
          Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X