YES to Minn Kota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES to Minn Kota

I purchased a Minn Kota Riptide ST with out auto pilot about 6 months ago. A few weeks ago I ordered the auto pilot. When I received it I went out and started the installation of it. Once I got the cover apart where the auto pilot goes there was one of the three pins that the mangnetic compass sits on broken. It was not lined up right when put together at Minn Kota. So I called Minn Kota and explaind to the tech what was going on and if it mattered or not. He said yes it did, got my name and zip code. And sent me a new one in the mail no questions asked. Not even having to return the broken part. This is one of the best experiances that I have had with a big company over the phone.

Minn Kota top notch, over the years only good experiences with their products! Nothing but trouble with Motorguide!

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish Melvin View Post
      Minn Kota top notch, over the years only good experiences with their products! Nothing but trouble with Motorguide!
      We have a Minn Kota Riptide on our G3 and have had 0 issues with it. Glad to know they have such great customer service though if I need it.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a brand new Minkota and have a problem with it hopping up out of it's cradle any ideas on an adjustment or fix????

Comment

you mean when its stowed and you are on plane moving?

Comment

No sir when it's in the water as soon as you step on the foot control it hops up out if the bracket

Comment

there is a spring loaded latch that keeps it down. deploy it and look where the latch is after that. sounds like it is sticking, may need some wd40
              cheers,
              Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
              Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the tip Ill check it tomorrow when I give the Mercury its first oil change

Comment

Working...
                X