Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried the Fishing Range or the Water Level feature on the Navionics App? If you fish many reservoirs where the water level will fluctuate from 3ft-25ft the water level feature the whole map will adjust to the water level being down. I know guys fishing South Holston Reservoir love this feature. On top of that you can do the fishing range as well. It gets even better you can turn on the Sonar Charts too and gain even more contours. I have a comparison of the Nautical Charts on the left and the Sonar Charts on the right thats where people have gone out and record Sonar on there Humminbirds, Lowrances, Simrad, Raymarine, and Garmin and uploaded them to Navionics to help improve the chart for you and others. Click image for larger version

Name:	South Holston.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	525.8 KB
ID:	96818

Comment

If you're running a Lowrance HDS with a Navionics Card you never had the option of customizing your Safety Depth it was set on 6,18,30, & 60. It seemed like sometimes I wanted to concentrate on something in between those number but it was just not an option. Well I figured out how to customize and pick the depth I wanted to be displayed in white. First turn off the Safety Depth then go to View go to Depth Highlight Range take your Depth Max and set it to the highest level, then take your Depth Min and set it to your desired depth. So you're turning the Depth Highlight Range into a Depth Range then you can pick whatever depth you want.Click image for larger version

Name:	shot 003 copy.jpg
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	96819

Comment

Originally posted by Basslife92 View Post
        I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.
        The lake outline for FishNChip is the same as the Nautical Charts.
        Only the contours are different.
        Both show the docks.
        Have you updated your map card lately?
        Have you compared the maps on the Navionics web site's Web App?

Comment

Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Basslife92 View Post
            Yes. I update my card before I go fishing every time. Correct it shows you on Navionics WebApp and the Apps for the Phone but for some reason when you turn Fish N Chips on the Lowrance the docks go away, they are there in the Nautical Charts without the Fish N chip. It has never showed me docks when the Fish N Chip is on.If you're ever fishing with a friend that has a Lowrance fish on body of water with many of docks and turn the Fish N mode on and you will them disappear.
            Strange. Do you have the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum or the Navionics+ software and do you download the Sonar Charts layer, Community Edits, and Nautical Charts when you do an update?

Sonar Charts is viewed by selecting FishNChip.

I have my Humminbird unit operating as I type this and they are the same on both.
            I have the Sturgeon Creek Marina on Lake Anna displayed and it shows the ramps and docks.
            I also have the unit set to show all the Chart Details.
            I am using the Hotmaps Platinum East region and I download the Sonar Charts layer when I do an update.

Comment

If you have a Navionics App on your phone or tablet make sure to update your app every so often. You now can Course Up just tap GPS Icon 3 times.

Comment

I have had some questions in the past about the Navionics Update and how it works here is a link showing step by step what to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiB9...DhrT0j3mpDRwog

Comment

This has been one of my favorite tools to use before I have a tournament or just fishing. Google Earth and Navionics WebApp have made me a better fishermen. Before I hit the water I study Navionics looking for drops, flats, docks..ect and using Google earth I can see what it looks like checking to see what's around as far as docks and shoreline obstruction. It will maximize your time on the water knowing where to go and not riding around lost. This is how I study a body of water before I go fishing. Whats your favorite way to study lake before you go fishing? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot Nav & google.jpg
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	96824

Comment

This is one of my most favorite tools to use fishing a lake with many of docks but not all docks will have fish on them. I like to use my Navionics App and break down a creek or a pocket looking for certain dock features. Many of the times I have found fish like to relate to docks with big platform close to the back it produce more shade than a dock with a long walk way going out to the dock. I will look on my App before I go and see the docks in pockets and creeks that have that exact feature. You can get all the docks on your Navionics card when you update it as well. So before you go fishing somewhere that has many of docks give this a shot. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (9).jpg
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	96825

Comment

Hey Basslife92,
                      You should hook up with Thomas at Greentop, he is the only person that knows what you know about Navionics.
                      Tell him I am still looking for a card for my Simrad.
                      Jim Hemby - Lake Anna Striper Guide
                      [email protected]

Comment

think Basslife is Thomas...
                        Make VAO Great again

Comment

Hahah you and Anthony figured this out pretty quick. That Simrad has the MSD card holder so you could do the Navionics + thats 179.99 thats one option. You dont have any older Navionics Premium cards?
                          Originally posted by Jim Hemby View Post
                          Hey Basslife92,
                          You should hook up with Thomas at Greentop, he is the only person that knows what you know about Navionics.
                          Tell him I am still looking for a card for my Simrad.

Comment

I have the SD Gold, probably will sell it and get a card that fits into my Rad.
                            Just messing with you in the earlier post. I was going to say you were gay or something like that but Jeanne would not let me. If you have any time during the week in the upcoming weeks bring a card and lets get out.
                            Jim Hemby - Lake Anna Striper Guide
                            [email protected]

Comment

Hahah thanks for having my back Jeanne. Well if you have SD Gold you can get the Navionics Update which Gtop got them for $99. Okay that sounds good October is pretty much free for me.

Comment

Navionics SonarCharts can keep you safe on certain bodies of water where there is not much data on. If you have ever been on the Pamunkey River it can get a little tricky to run, with Navionics SonarCharts it will give you the freshest data out there so update your App, Navionics +, Update, and Platinum card to make sure you're staying safe on the river. On the left side is Navionics Nautical Charts it comes standard with all of Navionics Cards on the right is SonarCharts a more detailed chart of the river.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (19).jpg
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	96828

Comment

Working...
                                X