Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Updates?

Updates are important, here's why

Navionics makes more than 2,000 daily updates to their Nautical Charts, reflecting edits in the official charts of Hydrographic Offices, together with their own surveys, millions of contributions coming from users’ sonars and local information added to the Navionics app. As their unique benefit, they carefully collect and accurately present Navionics charts for safer navigation and to ensure full success in any of your activities, whether it would be fishing, yachting or sailing at sea or on inland waters. For information on how to update your cards go to https://www.navionics.com/usa/update-your-chart
    #Navionics #FishSmarter #1ftContours

Click image for larger version

Name:	Updates.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	97046

Comment

• Dynamic Tide and Current Icons

The Navionics Tide & Current icons are displayed as "dynamic" icons. The Currents are a red or blue arrow pointing in the direction of the Current flow and the Tides are displayed as a rectangle shaped icon with a small arrow pointing up or down depending upon if the tide is coming in or going out. Awesome feature when navigating or fishing the tides to catch the active bite.

Name:	Dynamic Tide and Current Icons.JPG
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	97047

Comment

• Also the contours shading and depth numbers will change with the fluctuation of the tides.

Comment

• Awesome point Phoenix920. The whole app is very dynamic and I find new ways to use each feature every time I am out or hear another user with ways they utilize the tools. Hey, I'm all for fishing smarter and not harder. I cant stay on the water the length of time as I did when I was younger Lol...! I rely on my iPad a lot for preparation and while I'm on the water. Many thanks to our forum, Apple, and Navionics. #FishSmarter

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike B View Post
            Awesome point Phoenix920. The whole app is very dynamic and I find new ways to use each feature every time I am out or hear another user with ways they utilize the tools. Hey, I'm all for fishing smarter and not harder. I cant stay on the water the length of time as I did when I was younger Lol...! I rely on my iPad a lot for preparation and while I'm on the water. Many thanks to our forum, Apple, and Navionics. #FishSmarter
            Works the same way with Android.

Comment

• Wayne,

Which Android device are you using? do you see any advantages over the Apple?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike B View Post
                Wayne,

Which Android device are you using? do you see any advantages over the Apple?
                Android phone Samsung Galaxy S5, Android tablet Samsung Galaxy TAB2 10.2

No difference in the App except the source.

I have a iPad Mini and iPad also with the app.

Comment

• My Navionics App is a very important tool. It only takes a few seconds to make sure you have the latest information in your tool bag available. Update daily, update often! #Navionics #NavionicsUpdates #DailyUpdates

Name:	IMG_2188.JPG
Size:	575.9 KB
ID:	97048

Comment

• Wow thats cool stuff its unbelievable what you can do now. It would be nice to maybe do a Va outdoors Sonar Chart Event somewhere in the state anyone with a Lowrance HDS, Humminbird, Raymarine, Simrad, B&G, and a Garmin can join in on the fun and learn how.
                    Wishin I was Kayakin | Inflatable Kayak

Comment

• majura,

I agree with you! We will be planning a sonar chart event soon with Navionics. Stay tunes on this channel, I'm working on the date and location now. What area are you in? Do you have many Kayak folks that may be interested? Was thinking maybe of doing a short Navionics class followed by a mapping event. <>< #Navionics #EscapeTheOrdinary

Comment

Working...
                      X