Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When doing sonar logging did you know that you can load your sonar logs onto the Navionics Chip with Lowrance and Raymarine.
    Just do a Freshest Data update and it ask would you like to upload your sonar logs. Also for those using a Navionics + or Update keep in mind when downloading the body of water that you want to fish just select the body of water itself. You don't want to try selecting the whole state of Virginia because you download a lot of land mass and lakes you will never fish and it will take up room on your Navionics Card.Click image for larger version

Name:	Navionics Update SS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	96832

Comment

The BFL just announced their schedule for next year the Shenandoah schedule looks really good but the regional is on Lake Wateree in South Carolina I have never fished it have you? But the first thing I did was pull up Navionics to see what kind of lake it is and how its laid out. By the looks of my Navionics App the Lake looks like it has some good ledges not to many creeks going off the main body its only a 13,000 acre lake. Which the regional is in late October and I know creeks can play a big factor during that time of year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Wateree.jpg
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	96835

Comment

This is something I found on the Navionics App under Magazines. Its Navionics Data of Lake Anna comparing older Navionics Chart to new newer ones and what will you gain on LKA. Also it has some lake statistics on how many creeks, road reds... There are so many useful tools with this app I'm still finding features I didn't know about.Click image for larger version

Name:	LKA Navionics.jpg
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	96838

Comment

Here is a good video from Navionics Pro Josh Douglas explaining the water level feature Navionics offers on the App its a awesome feature to use on the reservoir lakes in Virginia it has came in handy for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nyB...c9g6I&index=36

Comment

Josh participates on the Navionics sticky topics on the Lowrance and Humminbird forums on Bass Boat Central.

Comment

If you're running a Lowrance HDS Touch I highly recommended setting up this format for one of your pages. Its Chart + Chart + Sonar. The reason I set it up like that is when I'm running an unfamiliar body of water I like to have my Navionics chart zoomed in close to my location to make sure I'm staying in a safe depth. Also having another Navionics chart panned out to see what's ahead of me like a creek I might want to go to or which way I need to go to get back to the ramp. Then Ill have my standard sonar screen up as well. If you don't have a Touch you can still do on a HDS G1 or G2 it will just be Chart + Chart but remember when you add an extra chart to the screen you have to switch it over to Navionics.Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Chickamauga.jpg
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	96840

Comment

This is another cool feature I like to run using my Navionics Update card in my Lowrance HDS Touch. Chart + Chart + Sonar but this time I use it more for fishing purposes. On one screen I'll have my Navionics pulled up with the depth highlight range that’s under chart option > view then go down to depth highlight range pick what depth you want to concentrate between, make sure your safety depth is off. On the other screen switch it to Navionics as well but this time I’ll have the safety depth at 18 ft. on smaller screen. The reason I like running the depth highlight range and the safety depth at the same time is so I can focus on that certain depth I want to fish but also its easier on my safety depth screen to distinguish channel swings, long points, humps.... If you really want to get fancy add structure scan into the page and cruise around what you have selected for the depth highlight range it will save you a lot of time fishing banks that have nothing on them. Click image for larger version

Name:	Safety depth & depth highlight.jpg
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	96844

Comment

Have you been wondering how to do Navionics SonarCharting but didn't really know how to do it? Well Navionics Paul Michele goes out and shows you how what to do. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMf...DhrT0j3mpDRwog

Comment

Doods - this has been the best thread to date on this site. Really appreciate the thought, effort that have gone into this. I'm learning a ton.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much I appreciate it. If you have any question feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Comment

For some reason I cant put up anymore screen shots it says that my quota of KB is maxed out has anyone know anything about this.

Comment

Send a PM to Striper and ask him to increase your load limit. Either way, either handle, keep these posts coming. This is great stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

Problem solved I just created a whole new account. This is a strategy I started using 2 years ago using my Navionics card in my Lowrance. When I'm practicing on a lake what Ill do every decent fish I catch I'll mark it as a waypoint and put the waypoint as a fish icon with a certain color. When I catch a couple of nice fish and I marked them I go back and look at the waypoints on my Navionics Chart studying what kind of contours those fish are relating to also looking for similarity between the fish I caught like creek channel, certain points, the location like toward the mouth of a creek, and stuff like that. Every waypoint you mark it it records the depth you marked that waypoint in. So I catch a couple of nice fish I mark them I look at the depth I marked the boat and what kind of point or something I need to be looking for. Then you can duplicate that pattern and look on your Navionics Chart and find something with the same characteristics throughout the whole lake. Next time your out fishing give it try and see if it helps you pattern the fish better.Click image for larger version

Name:	Waypoints copy 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	96849

Comment

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
                              Send a PM to Striper and ask him to increase your load limit. Either way, either handle, keep these posts coming. This is great stuff.
                              Okay thank you very much I will send him a PM.

Comment

Navionics will be accepting Competitors Charts for Navionics Updates Card very soon. Do you have a Lakemaster, C-Map, Garmin, Insight, Fishing Hot Spots, or LightHouse and wish you could get those SonarCharts on this unit it will be possible shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X