Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

If you have any question dealing with Navionics or just want to share information about any of the Navionics products, feel free to post under this thread.

Navionics Sonar Charts.
    That is an extra map layer available with the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum and Navionics+ products.

Sonar Charts is user generated data processed by Navionics to create HD contours wherever you wish.
    I have done Chris Green Lake and Hunting Run Res. With at least one other person I know of, Briery Creek Lake and Sandy River Res are HD surveyed also. It is viewed on your Lowrance or Humminbird unit as the FishNChip layer. Garmin and Raymarine are also compatable, but I don't know what the settings to view the maps would be.

Hunting Run was not even an outline in the Navionics data until I submitted the first few recordings.
    This is what it looks like and can be viewed on the Navionics web site's Web App*.
    *the web app is being re-designed to add more features

Last edited by Wayne P.; 07-27-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Presently there is a glitch with the Nature of Seabed creek/river channel highlighting for more recent re-surveyed locations. They are aware of it-work in progress. If you do an update you may loose that feature until it is corrected.
      The highlighting got moved to the Sonar Charts maps and the dotted line channel outlines stayed with the Nautical Charts.
      I have not received any messages from Navionics that it is corrected since I notified them about it around the end of May.

FYI----This is what it looks like when functioning properly---Kentucky Lake

Comment

As a result of the Sonar Charts data, Briery Creek, Sandy River and Chris Green have updated shorelines that are a lot more accurate than the scanned paper maps that were on the Nautical Charts.

Additionally at Sandy River, the "island" out from the ramp is now gone and its contours are shown on the Sonar Charts layer. The top of the "island" is about at the 15' contour line.

An island and barely visible rock pile near the dam at Briery Creek have been added to the Nautical Chart.
        That area was formally represented within the 8'-24' depth range.

Comment

Wow thats cool stuff its unbelievable what you can do now. It would be nice to maybe do a Va outdoors Sonar Chart Event somewhere in the state anyone with a Lowrance HDS, Humminbird, Raymarine, Simrad, B&G, and a Garmin can join in on the fun and learn how.

Comment

That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne P. View Post
              That was already done at a tournament on the James this year. It was announced on another web site.
              We can do another one on a different body of water like Claytor Lake or Chick Lake.

Comment

Clayer would be a good one since it has some structure elements. It has no contours on the Navionics Nautical Charts and is not even an outline on the Sonar Charts layer.

Chick Lake wouldn't benefit much for a concentrated survey since it is mostly a swamp with very little depth contour.

Comment

Navionics has now release Plotter Sync between your Iphone and your Raymarine unit. So if your Iphone or Ipad that has a Navionics App on it you can connect your phone to your Raymarine through WiFi.Plotter Sync allows you to do this from your boat:
                  • Activate your Navionics+.
                  • Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+ and Navionics Updates.
                  • Download updates to Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum cards.
                  • Enhance your SonarCharts™ on any device just by uploading your sonar logs.
                  You can also Update your Navionics Chart on your Chartplotter to so you will have the latest Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts, and Community edits.

Comment

Before you go head north to go smallmouth fishing take a look at Navionics Sonar Charts and the Nautical Charts using your Iphone, Computer or your Navionics card and see how big of a difference it can make. I know it has made a difference for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (9).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	541.2 KB
ID:	96806

Comment

If you have a Lowrance HDS unit and have a Navionics card in the unit here is a video on how to get and use some of the different features. http://youtu.be/xd2BSAOkslo

Comment

This is one of my best kept secrets about a Navionics Card in a Lowrance HDS unit. If I'm fishing a lake with many docks in them I always run the Depth Highlight Feature. So if I'm on a dock pattern and I'm catching fish off docks in between a certain depth lets say 10-15 I will go into Chart Option then View and you will see it at the bottom. Once its set everything in white will be between that depth range you have picked. You can find the docks with the right amount of water on the ends of them. This feature is not only good for just docks you can use it for whatever range you want to fish. One thing I like to do first is to take the Safety depth off before running this feature. Give it a try and see how beneficial it can be Click image for larger version

Name:	shot 40 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	96817

Comment

That's a pretty cool feature! definitely can save you time on the water.
                          Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

That is a good feature and is not available with Navionics on Humminbird units. It is with Humminbird and Lakemaster, BUT Lakemaster has no coverage in our area yet.

Comment

I use a chart+chart+sonar so much I also use to for navigational purposes to like Ill have one chart zoomed in to my location while running and Ill have the other chart zoomed out so I can see further ahead. I also found if you're running the Fish N Chip on it doesn't show you docks for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X