No announcement yet.

what's missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a docs appt Monday at 3 at MJH- If you close by, I can swing by if ya like?
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

Not close or I'd take a look.
      2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
      2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
      2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
      2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
      sigpic

Comment

thanks Skeeter...now that you mention it I do remember my last boat having one with the trolling motor...
        Make VAO Great again

Comment

PSU,

I'm teaching all this week but I can drop by with you next week if you don't have it fixed. If you find someone is tampering with your boat in the 'Ville, well, we can get that taken care of too/gun/. I'm not sure what model you have, but I've had the head snap with my Minn Kota from hitting wake. I didn't have a strap on it and it broke away as it was supposed to but on the down swing it snapped the plastic around the screws at the control head. Take a peak underneath and make sure the plastic on the housing isn't cracked or broken.
          2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner

sigpic

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
          Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

Comment

I know you said you had a Minnkota but, I have the head off of my Motorguide because I am waiting on a new steering cable. If you take the head off...there is a collar that is secured by two set screws which holds the shaft to the head and the drum control. That collar sits down in a bearing. It could be that the collar worked loose from the shaft. Its very easy to take the head off to look. Just three allen screws. Minnkota should be roughly the same. Google your TM for parts and schematics. There is a wealth of info out there.
            2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
            2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
            2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
            2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
            sigpic

Comment

not sure if this is it or not but on the shaft u have a ring that is set by the knob then when u lower there is an inner ring the shaft sits into when lowered into the water and that has a grove in it so that the motor has away of locking itself in one position to start, so when u step on the foot pad the motor goes to the position u want it to and stays there as it is locked in place and u go forward lftw,rt,

i know that some have a rope on the shaft to pull the trolling motor up with, anybody know how the rope goes so that motor comes up and locks in at the mount without haveing to get down and turn the shaft and motorhelp plese if u can so that it locks in place on the boat under that release button???

Comment

not sure if this will help,but there are two guys at gander mtn that know their stuff inside and out, big john is one and brian is the other, if u call them ask for fishing dept and one of those guys. They might also be able to help locate the part or they may have it. if u have not been there lately they have moved and inproved their fishing dept all within the same location..

Comment

not sure if this is it or not but on the shaft u have a ring that is set by the knob then when u lower there is an inner ring the shaft sits into when lowered into the water and that has a grove in it so that the motor has away of locking itself in one position to start, so when u step on the foot pad the motor goes to the position u want it to and stays there as it is locked in place and u go forward lftw,rt,

i know that some have a rope on the shaft to pull the trolling motor up with, anybody know how the rope goes so that motor comes up and locks in at the mount without haveing to get down and turn the shaft and motorhelp plese if u can so that it locks in place on the boat under that release button???

Comment

I think fishman hit it...inside the knob is a grove and there are 2 pieces of hard rubber that sit in the groves that lock the shaft in place...will I seem to be missing one of the 2...does anybody know if\where you buy them?
                    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Originally posted by PsuHntr View Post
                      I think fishman hit it...inside the knob is a grove and there are 2 pieces of hard rubber that sit in the groves that lock the shaft in place...will I seem to be missing one of the 2...does anybody know if\where you buy them?
                      try something like this?

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Me...ide/parts.html
                      cheers,
                      Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                      Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

In one of your first few post you say you have a Minn Kota. In the chat, you said its a Motorguide. If its a Motorguide, I have an old bracket laying around that I wouldnt mind trying to take those little rubbers pieces out and give em to you. Just post back and clarify please what brand of trolling motor you have ;)
                        Crank That Jank!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X