Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings,
    I just joined and this is my first posting
    I am a retired electronic engineer. I retired 3 years ago at the age of 68 after spending 43 years designing various electronic equipment; about one-half of that time in private industry and the latter half with the USG. As a kid, I loved fishing, but living in West Texas as a youth did not give me much of an opportunity to fish. I always looked forward to going to East Texas to visit relatives so that I could get a chance to fish with my uncle who was one of the most enthusiastic fishermen that I ever knew. We would get in his 10 ft. boat with the 5 hp Johnson before sunrise and never touch shore until after dark. I loved every minute of it. We fished mostly for bass and crappie. He always out fished me very badly, but it didn’t matter. Later in life, career demands and graduate school did not give me much time for fishing, so now that I am retired, I am starting to get back into it. So far, I am doing surf fishing in FL (I am a snowbird) and bass fishing with my son in VA. I enjoy getting outside on the water as much as the fishing.

Rmcguire38

Nice to have you onboard.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the board!!!!!! Lots of good people on here!!!!!

Comment

Hmmmmmm......Nice post newby.....glad to be mentioned at least a little bit :-)

Welcome to the board dad...14 more to go and we are a team on the 6th....
        cheers,
        Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
        Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Way to go dad!!!!!great to have you aboard...
          sigpic
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X