Question about trail cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about trail cameras

I'm looking to possibly get some cell based trail cameras, just looking to see what everyone uses. I am worried about spending a lot on a cam just to have it die in a year.

I have about 6, actually 5 now after the last bear attack, of the Spypoint Link Micro. If you watch for them on sale you can get them for around $100. Not cheap, but still not expensive. They work really well and have held up for 2 seasons now - except for bear eating them occasionally.

Comment

I didn't like the Moultrie at all, I just keep having issues with not transmitting even though I have great service. Other than those, the rest of mine are non cell cams

Comment

The Spypoint, how are the plans?

Comment

Spypoint offers a free plan where you get 100 pics. The upper end of the plans is unlimited pictures and is $15 per camera.

Comment

I've had trouble with some of the Moultrie in the past. The Spypoints have been good so far. My only issue was a camera not taking pictures or transmitting, then I realized the micro SD card I put in was larger than what would work. I dropped to a 32 GB and it worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X