Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	96997

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0016-640x480.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	96998

Comment

So yesterday I went out for my annual "where the hell did I put all 16 trail cameras" scavenger hunt. Managed to find 15 so far. At the end of hunting season I made a list of where I placed each, however, I moved 6 and didnt update my list....

During the summer I lose the urge to dream of deer but once August rolls around, I pick it back up. Most of my cameras filled up the SD cards and stopped taking pictures, others had the batteries die. For those taking pics, they filled up somewhere in July. 15 cameras each with 8 gig cards, means over 6,000 pictures between January and July. I love seeing how one camera rolls from dead of winter through spring and summer.

I will begin posting some of the better pics. What I do know is that there are more bear on cameras this year than any other year so far.

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	106486

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	106487

Comment

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	106489

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	106490

Comment

Here is a solid black bear from this spring

Comment

Bruiser!

Comment

Name:	20190816_214843.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	106521

Comment

Last 8 cameras will go out sometime in the next week. In total 19 cameras, 38 cards and 152 AA batteries. I replace batteries about 4 times a year, sometimes 5 depending on how cold it gets. In winter I switch to lithium batteries which are ultra expensive compared to alkaline.

152 batteries 4 times a year is 608 batteries. $18 per 24 pack is about $456. Then lithium batteries in winter is another $150.

Last year I took 3 doe. So let's assume 50 pounds of meat per deer, that's 150 pounds of meat. I spend over $4 per pound just in batteries.

Now consider I replace 2 cameras a year (I gave up on expensive cameras, so maybe $75 each), gas to the property each time, and loads of coke zero and combos - I pay easily $5.50 a pound for these furry SOB's....

Comment

Last week I found a spot that had some straight line wind damage. A swath of pines had snapped about 6 feet of the ground and it opened up the canopy to morning sun. So last Friday i took some time off and cleared the ground for a little throw and grow seed. I put down a mix of clovers, wheat and chicory. I also cleared a trail straight ahead in this pic for the deer to travel in. Raking the leaves to bare ground was crippling...

Name:	20190819_192015.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	106534

Comment

That was Friday, today I went back out to keep working some trails. This is how quickly deer will move in on an area. Keep in mind that I really screwed up the date and time on this camera, its ahead by 2 days 7/19 is actually 7/17, and the time just dont make sense. I absolutely hate these Cuddeback Cameras - one stopped working and I dont miss it. Just waiting for this one to die - the quality sucks bad...

Click image for larger version  Name:	I__00004rz.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	106536

Click image for larger version  Name:	I__00007rz.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	106537

Click image for larger version  Name:	I__00015rz.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	106538

Comment

Working...
                    X