No announcement yet.

Putting in a food plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31, you have viewed this thread 32 times and yet to leave a reply. You must be saving up for the humdinger lol
    Looks nice fellas. You grow it...they will come
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

Holy Crap!! My 31 plot is already working. I'm gonna win every tournament this year!!

Comment

Lmao.
        Crank That Jank!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
          Here's my little plot, plowed, disc'd and ready for fert/lime/seed probably next week. Pretty ghetto compared to that Taj Mahal of a plot Big E has, but it's the best I can do up here in hillbilly country. I'd guess it at about 1/10 of an acre, but man does it pull them in up here where there ain't much to eat.
          Hey bud those small plots are killer. All you need in some cases! I'm putting one in like that at my house on a power line right of way. Probably only 100' long x 20' wide. I think it will produce!
          Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

LOL! 37 times, dood.

So, use more bait! If y'all could stalk and shoot (like real hunters) you wouldn't have to go to this level of effort or expense to cheat. Just sayin' . . .
            sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHA it was only a matter of time

Comment

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
                LOL! 37 times, dood.

So, use more bait! If y'all could stalk and shoot (like real hunters) you wouldn't have to go to this level of effort or expense to cheat. Just sayin' . . .
                Have to give them a reason to stay on your property! I CAN stalk and shoot by the way! ;) lol
                Eric

sigpic

Comment

Just bumping this up since we are getting ready to start the plots again.
                  Eric

sigpic

Comment

I love fall. Let the baiting begin.
                    sigpic

Comment

I did half my plot in millet back in the spring and half in winter wheat about two weeks ago. That way I can bait the deer, turkeys and grouse, rabbits, doves all in one bait pile.

Comment

We started the burning process last night but only got 1 plot done and half of another before it got dark on us. I hope we don't get too much rain this weekend before we can get finished. We are going to hustle to get the plots done before the storm!
                        Eric

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
                          I did half my plot in millet back in the spring and half in winter wheat about two weeks ago. That way I can bait the deer, turkeys and grouse, rabbits, doves all in one bait pile.
                          LOL great idea!
                          Eric

sigpic

Comment

Been working on a piece of dirt for a new food plot to add to my Whitetail Institute Clover. Waited for the rain to be forecast and got the seeds sewn on 8/15. Tall Tine Tubers,winter bulbs and beets, and antler Kings slamdunk with rape,radishes, forage peas,and buckwheat. The rain came and I'm pretty sure my work will pay off. Just five years ago this was a pine stand.
                            sigpic
                            sigpic

Comment

What are you guys planting this year Big E

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                What are you guys planting this year Big E
                                We are trying a mix from a friend of ours. It has triticale, oats, brassica, radish, and collards. We also planted WI Winter Peas and WI Oats. Should be a good mix for both early bow season and late gun season. We'll see how it turns out.
                                Eric

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X