38 long ammo cowboy load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 long ammo cowboy load

Does anybody in the area of fredericksburg know where I can get some cowboy load 38 longs. Really dont want to order off the web if I can get them semi local.
    sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Hard round to find. Just called Clark bros., Warrenton arms, and the gun shop & nobody has any. Sorry Mike. Will try Rankin's but i don't recall them ever having that ammo. Not sure of any other sites around Warrenton that might have it but will keep eyes open for it.
    sigpic
    sigpic

Comment

Mike you might want to try Big Dawg Outfitters in King George. They're at the intersection of 301 and 205. It's a pretty new shop, but they seem to have a good selection of ammo.

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like I might have to order it online.
        sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

I had to look this one up. Have been around small arms all my life, never heard of this caliber. All the references I saw were for "38 long Colt" so I'm guessing this is one of the Peacekeeper Era rounds. Every place I looked was out of stock, btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38_Long_Colt Here's a little history. The round doesn't get very high marks for performance. The Wikipedia view makes it sound like some of the issues I had with 9mm back in the early '90s. Thank God I was smart enough to take my .45 along.

So, I hafta ask, Mike - what are you doing w/ a 38 long Colt weapon? Re-enactments? Some sorta competition? If you're into sport shooting or personal protection I can make a few recommendations on something that'll give you better performance, will be cheaper to shoot, and for which there's an ample ammo supply. :)
          Last edited by 31Airborne; 01-27-2014, 09:39 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Pm sent 31
            sigpic

Comment

back at ya
              sigpic

Comment

Id post a picture but I dont want to crash the site.. lol
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X