King George Firearms Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King George Firearms Rule

New property owner in KG. Read the local firearm's ordinaces.... This one is confusing.

6. No rifles larger than .22 for hunting
    except groundhogs outside of the
    regular hunting season.

So does this mean rifles are good for hunting deer? Just don't hunt with them outside the hunting season unless you are specifically hunting groundhogs?

Confusing wording IMO

Rifles for deer hunting in general need to be .23 caliber or larger to legally hunt deer. So no you cannot use a 22 to deer hunt. You can however use a 22 to hunt ground hog in your county.
    http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting....asp#legal-use
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

Right and I wouldn't hunt deer with a .22, I want to hunt deer on my property with a rifle, 6.8 or 30 06.... however I was told by a local hunter it's shotgun only. The wording is confusing, I am just worried if I hunt deer with one of my rifles, larger than .22 even, I will be breaking the law.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting...ordinances.pdf

here is the link I am going off of for specifics on counties.

Comment

It states that you cannot hunt deer with rifles in King George. The .23 and above calibers are for the counties that it is legal to deer hunt with rifles. If you use a rifle in King George to deer hunt then yes you would be breaking the law. Lousia county is no rifles either but alot hunters use muzzleloaders during the general firearms season because they are legal and that includes your county as well.

"Muzzleloading rifles are permitted
        during any authorized deer season
        where firearms are permitted"
        Crank That Jank!
        sigpic

Comment

Yup that's what I was afraid of. Ok, thanks for confirming it. Lord knows reading that #6 footnote didn't straighten out for me.
          Last edited by FleeingMaryland; 09-19-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Yep, no rifle... Sux!

Comment

I know it wasn't what you wanted to hear but there are some flat out awesome slug guns that I would love to own.

Comment

Originally posted by Striper View Post
                I know it wasn't what you wanted to hear but there are some flat out awesome slug guns that I would love to own.
                Yeah i am use to hunting with a slug gun, just was hoping to get some rifle hunting in.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information