youth day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youth day

Who had a chance to go out for youth day today and what did your youngsters encounter? I think it's pretty cool that the game department has set up this day to get kids in the woods. With a nice day like today it sure beats sitting in front of a tv. All I know is that I'm ready to get out there!

I took my 10 year old son and we had a close encounter with a doe in the morning but could not get in position for a shot (she came in from behind us and to the right). She had us pegged. That afternoon we did not see a deer. Think they just moved late. He was a little bummed about the day but will have plenty of chances later in the season.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

My kids are grown and gone, but one of my neighbors took his daughter and she bagged a beautiful 10 pointer. Not a huge spread, but for a 12yr old girl I bet he looked like Bullwinkle. He's at the taxidermist now. Wish DGIF would do more of this kind of stuff for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
        My kids are grown and gone, but one of my neighbors took his daughter and she bagged a beautiful 10 pointer. Not a huge spread, but for a 12yr old girl I bet he looked like Bullwinkle. He's at the taxidermist now. Wish DGIF would do more of this kind of stuff for the kids.
        Agreed...had a close cousin of mine take his first deer and boy was he excited! I can tell you that he is definitely into hunting now.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information