Rut Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rut Activity

Anyone seen any rut activity thus far? In southeastern VA we are still seeing pre rut behavior.

Many of the moon charts say Nov. 11 is peak this year. Not sure I buy in on it but interesting to watch anyway. Things are picking up but not going crazy yet in my neck of the woods.
    One Lap Race..

Comment

I have seen quite a bit in fairfax county and alexandria.
      sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

Buddy of mine shot a nice 8 point the other day; said he was chasin does everywhere out in a cut corn field. He said he got tired of watchin him chasin so he dropped him. Thats out in the Paris Mountain 17/50 area.
        sigpic
        sigpic

Comment

Had a big bodied buck working the grunt pretty hard yesterday...never saw him but could hear him crashing. 15 minutes later two does come out doing walk of shame lol.

Comment

Not seeing much activity out my way. Nov 11 will not be peak rut around here, prob the week before thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by skimerhorn View Post
              Not seeing much activity out my way. Nov 11 will not be peak rut around here, prob the week before thanksgiving.
              If your hunting nearby areas to ashland, which is where I'm hunting, I'd agree that rut will not be peaking on Nov. 11 but I can see perhaps in the 4-5 days following. My brother in law shot his buck (probably the one I heard last night) today from my stand in the Ashland area. He said it followed does into his stand area and came right in to his bleat and checked out his estrous scent dripper. His neck was so huge it looked like it was on roids.

Comment

The rut is finally kicking in here. Starting to see bucks chasing and big bucks on their feet looking. Problem is I'm not seeing them!!!
                Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Watched three little bucks playing around pushing each other back and forth this evening. I have yet to see any good ones on the move. I did grunt a little 8 pointer in last week. Not much sign but a few scrapes and rubs are starting to appear. A few people have seen the good ones during the day so I gotta just stay with it and hope he walks by.
                  One Lap Race..

Comment

Hard chasing and have heard of bucks fighting it out over does. Its on right now!!!
                    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X