Deer Hunting Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Hunting Photo Contest

Deer hunting is almost here - just over a week away. Post up your best buck or favorite buck with a sentence or two about it. Maybe it was your first buck or maybe your son/daughters first buck. Either way share it and let us know a little about it. Contest goes through the month of October and the winner will receive a new Moultrie A5 Game Camera. Post up now!

How long does this go?

Comment

End of October

Comment

I'll play...
        I took this buck last November during ML season in Loudoun County. A friend mine called and told me he had seen a few nice bucks in one of the fields we hunt. He had already taken one so he had to take two does before he could take another (Earn a buck). So I high tailed it over to the property and snuck my way into a ladder stand. saw lots of small bucks pushing does over the course of 6 hours or so. I finally called it a day and climbed off the stand. I decided to walk to the field and within 50 yards of the stand i spooked up 7 or 8 deer. they all ran single file away from me into the wood line. about 10 seconds later they all came back out and only about 30 yards from me. I picked the buck out of the line up and took him as he passed in front of me. Taxidemist scored him at 130.

Comment

Nice buck there

Comment

This young man(CJ Norman) was/is ate up with hunting and the outdoors. However; his family has never hunted and had no clue as to what to do, where to go, etc. Knowing the family pretty well, they allowed me to take him the opening day of gun season last year. The smile says it all as he took his first buck(deer) ever. It's always great to make that memory and get the youth involved in our great sport. To me, these are more important than any score in the record book and will be a day that will never be forgotten(by him or me)...... Eddie

Click image for larger version

Name:	cj.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	96827

Comment

Haha Eddie that boy is as proud as can be

Comment

Does it have to be a buck only for the picture or can it be first deer?
                Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Can be any photo as long as its a deer

Comment

My 11 year old Jake and I went to Fluvanna county last year on a hunt with a couple friends of ours in hopes of getting Jake his first deer. We set up that morning over looking a hardwood bottom and man was it cold. After about an hour Jake was so cold we decided to walk back to the truck. Just before we got there we spooked a couple deer off that were nearby the truck. The rest of the morning was slow so after lunch we decided to go to another place and do a man drive. Jake and I got set up on a creek bottom and waited. A short time later we hear something coming down the creek to us. Its a young doe and Jake gets ready to shoot. As it gets close I notice another deer coming but before I could so anything "Boom" Jake takes a shot. The doe dropped in her tracks right there. To say Jake was excited was an understatement. He wanted to run and get it but I told him lets wait a few minutes and see what else happens. A few minutes later 2 big does come down the creek to us but stop when they see Jake's deer. Jake is ready but they turned and crossed the creek on my side of the tree and Jake couldn't shoot. When the does got to 40 yards I take a shot at the biggest one and she drops in her tracks. Jake and I had just doubled up and Jake had shot his first deer ever. Was an awesome day and one I will never forget!
                    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Now THAT is awesome right there, Eric. Good on ya, Eddie. You gave that young man a lifelong memory.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats good stuff Big E

Comment

This is my 2011 late season 10 pointer. Hunting with my dad on his property a few days after Christmas, I had told him we should sit through lunch and enjoy the crisp, cool weather instead of making our way down the mountain for a bite. At about 12:30pm, a bachelor group of four bucks munching on acorns made their way across the ridge toward me. The one leading the pack was a 10 pointer that started getting a little antsy. I knew I couldn't wait much longer, so I waited until he cleared the others and took my shot. As I sat beside the oak tree to settle my nerves and give thanks, it began to snow. It was another amazing day in the outdoors with my dad.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00235.jpg
Size:	862.3 KB
ID:	96829

Comment

I'm relatively new to hunting so I have no monster buck stories nor was my first deer story terribly exciting but this is the best I have thus far. Here's the story. I had a chemistry lab that ran from 2:10-5:10 and the weather was perfect for a hunt, cool but not cold and rut was in. Sitting in class all I could think about was getting in the woods. Anyhow to make a long story short I rushed through my lab ( in hindsight not a good idea), ran to my car where I had all my camo clothes and climber stand. I left Randolph-macon at 3:55 got to my parents house at 4:05 p.m, was up the tree by 4:20, sat down opened a bag of trail mix to snack on and end up having to drop the bag bc by 4:25 this buck came cruising in hard and fast. I stopped him and by 4:30 he was on the ground.Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	96830

Comment

Was a winner decided?

Comment

Working...
                              X