Let an arrow fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let an arrow fly

Finally put one down with the bow yesterday after work. After seeing several fawns and does walking all around me out of range I had one get a little too close and she paid for it. It's been a few years since I put one down with a bow so it felt good to finally let an arrow fly at one. I used a Scwacker broadhead for the first time this year and was very impressed with the results. I must have hit the spine because she dropped in her tracks. I like it when you don't have to track em! Will be grinding into hamburger this weekend!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Nice job Eric.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats Eric
      Crank That Jank!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice Job E - some good backstraps too!

Comment

Nothing wrong with that, E. Good job!

Comment

Alright! I know several folks that stuck one yesterday as well. Must a been a good day. Sure beats this wind I'm sitting in right now.

Comment

Congrats Eric, looks like the dog can't wait for some meat to
              2017 Ironman winner
              2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice doe. I gave up bowhunting many years ago, but the does better watch out once blackpowder comes in. Our whole season is either sex and I specialize in 80 pound does. Havn't killed a buck in years and years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
                    Nice doe. I gave up bowhunting many years ago, but the does better watch out once blackpowder comes in. Our whole season is either sex and I specialize in 80 pound does. Havn't killed a buck in years and years.
                    Those 80 lb does eat better than a rutty old buck anyway. I don't think the one I shot would quite make 80. Gonna be some good tenderloins on the grill though!
                    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've got my trophies on the wall. I let the bucks walk and whack the does. When shooting for the table I much prefer the does.

Comment

great, nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X