My season thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My season thus far

Looking for a ride to the zoo or Maymont park because I don't even know what a deer or squirrel look like.

HAHAHA that was me last year - dont lose hope though

Comment

It's still early. Just wait till next weekend when the smoke pole comes out, or when the dogs hit the ground. I bet you will be singing a different song then. Just remember you get out what you put in it.

Comment

Speaking of squirrels........I have seen a lot less squirrels in the woods this year. Wonder if it was because of the poor mast crop last year and maybe a lot of young didn't make it or even the extreme cold we had over last winter. Think I've seen 3 in 5 times out. Your thoughts?. Sorry if I hijacked your thread fishinVa89.
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

My thinking with the squirrels is that there are fewer however I think their movement is similar to that of a deer when it comes to food. Squirrels predominantly eat acorns. This year all they gotta do is climb down the tree and walk two feet and in 3 minutes they're stuffed.

Comment

I'm not totally discouraged by hunting yet. I will say this what good is a smoke pole if you ain't within 300 yards of anything. With a little one on the way I may sleep through dog season.

Comment

Yeah I got fewer squirrels too

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
                Speaking of squirrels........I have seen a lot less squirrels in the woods this year. Wonder if it was because of the poor mast crop last year and maybe a lot of young didn't make it or even the extreme cold we had over last winter. Think I've seen 3 in 5 times out. Your thoughts?. Sorry if I hijacked your thread fishinVa89.
                This matches up to a biologist article I saw. He predicted a mass die-off of squirrels. I fed them and the birds last winter so I guess I get what I deserve :)
                cheers,
                Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

I don't necessarily mind the squirrels disappearing. Mostly I find them annoying however if I'm not seeing deer I do on occasion get enough adrenaline from squirrels to keep me from falling asleep.

Comment

Interesting Steve

I agree Larry

Comment

Working...
                    X