Bear hunt 11/16/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear hunt 11/16/16

Went to the FIL's camp for a bear hunt during the week. The camp is in Rockbridge county they wanted some of the bear gone since they are killing fawns in the spring hurting the deer population. i was there during bow season and didn't see what i was looking for or at least see it when i could see my pins. They have been hunting for a solid week and had seen this bear in the same spot most of the week. We road out to the ridge and parked the 4-wheeler on the lower side. We eased up the path to the top of the ridge and the bear was done in the hollow. I worked my way down the path to get a closer shot and got with in 70 yards of him and knelt down and let the smoke roll. Wasn't a bad shot he only made it about 60 yards from there. was nice to not have to fight the bear up the ridge and be able to get him on the 4-wheeler with a short 25 yards drag. Not hte biggest bear but i love the white. Looking for a Taxidermist now to put him on the wall.

sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Great looking bear Rick! Congrats bud!
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

very cool looking bear, nice job Rick!
      Make VAO Great again

Comment

That white is pretty unique.
        Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

I was blackpowder deer hunting in Craig county last week and had about a 250lb er walk right in on me. 20 yards.
          Nice one you got there for sure. Never killed one, just not on my bucket list.

Comment

Never killed one myself and not sure I would with a gun. A bow would be another story.
            One Lap Race..

Comment

i bow hunted a few times this year and just didn't get the right on under me when i could see the pins on the bow. This one got shot due to the white which you never see hardly.
              sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Congrats, the white is pretty cool mark, that's rare to see
                2017 Ironman winner
                2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Working...
                X