• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30/06 180gr core Lokt stops em also. ;)
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

Little late to the party but I jumped one on my ATV at my parents house in Hanover (few miles west of Ashland) a couple years ago. Wasn't all that big, best guess 50-60 pounds. Couple days later leaving for a fishing trip early in the AM heard at least one, sounded like a couple of them, back in the same area. Needless to say, loaded up the boat way quicker than usual and I was gone!
      sigpic

Comment

Have you seen evidence of them Macon? recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          Have you seen evidence of them Macon? recently?
          Nothing at all, those were the only two times I have ever seen/heard them. I believe that was back when I was in college so 5-6 years ago. Man does time fly by!! The coyote population has really risen since then so maybe they have taken care of them some? I did see a couple days ago a fallen tree on the ground with about the bottom 5 feet ripped open just like a bear was digging for a quick meal... Not sure what other animals would do the same thing. One was recently caught on a trail camera a few hundred yards away as well so there is certainly one around somewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

Only way I have hog hunted is with a bow and that is a blast. If i could find a place in the state to hunt them inexpensively i would do often. They have not made there way over the mountain yet but i am sure they are coming. I will side with Wayne and 31 they are tasty I pull the loins whole and do the rest of the hog in sausage using Mortons Sausage and Meatloaf seasoning. I do it the same as my normal sausage recipe adding around 8-12% fat and i use beef talon instead of hog.
            sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Do you know of anyone who might allow me and another retiree to hunt hogs in the culpeper area?

Comment

Ironic.... this is exactly the reason I came to this board. I am from Prince William County and looking to assist anyone in the Culpepper area who wants to reduce their hog population.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther4 View Post
                  Ironic.... this is exactly the reason I came to this board. I am from Prince William County and looking to assist anyone in the Culpepper area who wants to reduce their hog population.
                  I hunt on luck stone property in Culpeper where the hogs are plentiful.
                  You can stop by any farmer near by and I'm sure they will give you permission. They're tearing fields up and would be glad to have you take them out.
                  Also, years back when we had that drought, hogs were able to cross the river on 522 at the Orange/ Culpeper line. They are in that area of Orange county now. Check the farms near EV Bakers store in the area.;)
                  Crank That Jank!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm relatively new to Virginia, and have never hunted hogs in my life (there were none where I came from), but would very much like to. I live in Northern Virginia, and I don't know anyone who owns any land in the state.

Would someone be willing to give me some tips on where I could go to hunt hogs, preferably on public land, and as close to NoVA as possible? Any other tips on hog hunting would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

That may not be possible, public land wise is really down around the Dismal Sawmp

Comment

I'm willing to travel some, but closer to me is better than say, by the North Carolina or Tennessee borders.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information