My 2004 VA Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2004 VA Buck

Here's a pic of the buck I shot in 04. It was the 1st Tuesday of gun season and I was hunting a property in Henrico. I was in a funnel area between a pond and a powerline. At about 7:30am I did some rattling. About 20 minutes later I hear a deer coming from behind me. I eased around in my treestand and got the slug gun ready. we he came out from behind a holly I made up my mind he was a shooter. The landowner told me if I shot a buck there I would have to mount it. I took the shot at 12 steps and put the slug in the bucks shoulder. He actually ran about 25 yards and piled up. He grosses 143"+ B&C and scored 178"+ on the VA system.

Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Man that sure is a wall hanger - nice going Big E
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lunker! It was a small bodied deer but he had some good bone on his head. I'll posts some more deer pics later. Doesn't look like we have many hunters on this board. I guess it will pick up once hunting season gets here.

I have a good buck behind my house. He's as wide as his ears already and hasn't started turning in yet. I hope to get some trail cam pics of him soon!
      Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Hey E - there are quite a few but it doesnt pick up till fall. I am getting ready to put my trail cams back up - I have a solid 8 pointer from last year but the adjacent property was logged, dont know how it affected the deer yet.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information