Turkeys are winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkeys are winning

So far this year the gobblers are winning the game, had a nice strutter at 60 yards this morning but couldn't pull him any closer. Back and forth all morning long. Had some others around him so that didn't help matters.
    Making it tuff on me this year only had one other morning I felt the gun was going to go pop. The rest have been fairly un-eventfull.
    Did watch 3 bears yesterday.
    One Lap Race..

Better than fishing today.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

It's been a weird year for us Virginia Elite Outdoors(I'm including me & 2 other of our guides). It has been either really good... meaning the turkeys have been really hot and came right in.... or really bad meaning they only gobble a couple times on the roost and thats it. We have been fortunate to take advantage of the 'good' and have 7 kills for the clients with some really nice birds. I think just like the bass.... the weather has been a little tricky the last couple weeks. Another "funny" note is that we have seen more pairs of gobblers together this year than in the past. Not sure what the reasoning for that is.

Eddie

Comment

Here's a pic of one of the "good" mornings...... the ol' hat trick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hat trick.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	96562

Comment

Nice turkeys - been a little slow for me too John gonna try again Wed

Comment

Nice Hat trick, what county did they come from ?
            One Lap Race..

Comment

That is the way it was for us... 2 Sat. ago 3 longbeards camme straight in together, last Sat. heard 5 on roost all got quiet at fly down time...weird..

Comment

5 out of the 7 we have taken have come from South Hampton County, 1 from varina(Henrico), and 1 from Hanover.

If you can get access to some land in South Hampton or Sussex for turkey hunting I would. I'm telling you they are over run with them down that way. On 1 particular farm we heard 25 different birds one morning while scouting... it's crazy.... I think everyone deer hunts down there but noone turkey hunts.

Comment

We got plenty of birds up north but not like that. Whew-we that's gotta be a noisy place at sunrise !
                  One Lap Race..

Comment

Working...
                  X