gobbling report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gobbling report

Anybody heard any gobbling yet? I've seen a few groups of birds, but no stutters or gobbling.

Haven't heard a one yet....won't be long yet. I got a feeling things will really take off after this next little cold spell we have coming.

Comment

gobbling report

Was checking our lease last weekend saw 2 long beards with a group of hens 1 was strutting but no gobbling

Comment

Been on the river fishing the past two days and turkeys everywhere! I bet I've seen 10 flocks, all large with 10 birds or more. Heard gobbling this afternoon around 2pm.

Comment

Saw a strutted today with a couple hens, but have yet to hear a gobble.

Comment

No Gobbling at my place. saw a long beard in the yard the other day and gave him a few clucks...looked my way never made a sound. Should be any day now..........
            One Lap Race..

Comment

I have seen 4 different flocks (1 on 15 up at Gilbert's corner, 2 on vint hill road, and 1 on 29 north of New Baltimore) strutting like crazy for the last 2-3 weeks. Numerous other birds w/ them, but since we were driving, obviously couldn't tell if them were gobbling or not. Going to make it a point and try and go this year. I have never seen so many birds before. They seem to be everywhere.
              sigpic
              sigpic

Comment

Finally heard my first gobble sat morning, he was pretty fired up.

Comment

Heard Gobbling and saw 1 strutter with about 20+ hens in the middle of a field.

Comment

Heard 3 gobbling Sat morning while fishing the James. I have one behind the house with 12 hens but having seen him strut or heard him gobbling yet.
                    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Intro to Turkey Hunting Class presented by Virginia Elite Outdoors, this Sunday March 30 from 2pm - 5pm at Green Top(in the Lodge).
                      We had tremendous feedback from the classes last year and everyone said they loved it and they learned a lot.

Will cover the basics plus a few of the tips/tricks that we have learned over the years. Safety, Scouting, Set Up, Calling, Stratigies, etc!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Turkey Class flyer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	96754

Comment

I am hoping the gobblers come into full swing this Saturday for apprentice/youth day. Keep me posted eh? I am not going to be able to do a whole lot of scouting but each one of my property permissions are promising.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information