Are the shad up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the shad up

Does anyone know if the shad are up in Richmond good yet? I want to go down and fish for cats this weekend but not if its not easy to get bait.

I caught a few on the Mattaponi this past weekend near Aylett. One was a really good size. I had numerous hits too. They should be there if they were in the Matt.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

havent heard much yet

Comment

Originally posted by robbell View Post
        Does anyone know if the shad are up in Richmond good yet? I want to go down and fish for cats this weekend but not if its not easy to get bait.
        They are here, not the huge run but you can catch them. Seems to be better on incoming tide.
        sigpic
        VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

Sweet thanks. Hey jay did y'all catch those smallies this winter above or below the fall line

Comment

Went down Saturday the shad are up thick but the cat fishing was bad for us only boated 4 biggest only 12 lbs I have never had such a slow day down there this time of year

Comment

Are there any signs of striper in the area yet? A buddy and I were going to venture down later this week in hopes of targeting them.

Comment

I saw a lot of people fishing for em and asked a few if any luck not seeing or hearing of any caught water still in the 40s this week should warm it up a lot and the weekend should be prime for em

Comment

Originally posted by Bigswoldier View Post
                  Are there any signs of striper in the area yet? A buddy and I were going to venture down later this week in hopes of targeting them.
                  Saw some guys shocking and collecting white perch said they saw a bunch of big stripers above the bridges

Comment

Have at them.
                    Blue coosa 2012
                    sigpic
                    http://www.yakangler.com

Comment

The gulls are working on the James it looks like the shad are making there way up the river

Comment

Been good Shad fishing in Fredericksburg at the Rapp

Comment

Working...
                        X