A little limb lining on the James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little limb lining on the James

A buddy and I decided to go out and do a little old school limb lining for cats yesterday. The weather was spotty with pop up storms, so we decided to hand close to the ramp. We decided to only set 8 lines and try a few new deep holes. Our rigs were straight forward with about 5' of cord with a 2 ounce weight tied about 14" up from the hook. We baits the hooks with bluegills and tied them off to the willows overhanging the river. Some were around some deeper holes and others were around some larger debris piles. The first willow we nudged up into caused me to panic as I am heading face first into a large paper wasp nest and started yelling back up! But we managed to keep from getting stung.

The rain chased us off the river as soon as we set the last line. We let these baits soak for a good 3+ hours before dropping back in and pulling them right at dark. Give the heavy rain etc., isnt wasnt too bad, out of 8 lines we ended up with a few channels and a blue. My friend kept two to eat. Here is some cell phone video, yeah I realized afterwards that it would have been better if I held my cell phone the other way.

What did suck was the amount of spiders and wasps are up in the willows. And I know at some point we are going to scare up a snake too.

that's pretty cool
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

It was fun, pulling up to a willow and the whole branch is just shaking.

Comment

Do you catch any flathead cats doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dan View Post
          Do you catch any flathead cats doing this?
          We do, they like the live sunfish at night and evening

Comment

Cool stuff. I bet a 50lber would be interesting to land.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan 2 View Post
              Cool stuff. I bet a 50lber would be interesting to land.
              I hope to find out next week!

Comment

Working...
              X