5/22 Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/22 Stripers

My brother and I went out of Osbourne Sat. morning and did a little Striper fishing. Ran up just past Jimmy Deans and trolled the left bank past the Dupont pit. We caught about 7 or 8 on Redfins until the tide went slack (low). Ran down river and did a little bass fishing on jetties and caught 6 keepers but no real size. All caught on plastics t-rigged. Then we ran back up and trolled between Meades and Osbourne with the tide coming in and caught 4-5 more Stripers. Most were in the 20"-24" range with some dinks thrown in. Fish were in 12-16' of water. You could see them on the graph and call your shot when you were going to get bit. We left them biting around 10:45 because my bro had to get back home to watch the kids for his wife. Was a fun morning. Here's a couple pics of my bro with 2 of the fish we caught.

Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Looks like a fun morning, Eric. Way to go man.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a fun few hours.
      ~Tight Lines~
      www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

Nice fish Big E. I was having similar luck with stripers in April and May near Ancarrows. Got fish around same size on cranks and rattle traps. I was moving around slow in 6-8 foot of water.

Do you have downriggers to get those Redfin lures down to the 12 foot depths? I saw a bunch of guys going out with those lures from ancarrows. Just curious about the depth.....

Thanks, Joefroggy
        sigpic
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great day guys, glad to see the day was enjoyed
          2017 Ironman winner
          2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Working...
          X