Sunday, April 3 Shad report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, April 3 Shad report

Took my son Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours downtown. I had checked the day before and seen several boats before the weather got crazy, so rather than go to all the trouble of hooking up the boat, we parked at the Southern States mill and walked the bank. I saw several kayaks, some waders just upstream from the Mayo Bridge, many meat fishermen on the south bank, and probably 8 to 10 boats of varying sizes. No idea on water temps yet. I also did not check the tide, as we were going regardless. Tide appeared low and close to turning.
    Glad I didn't take the boat. Everyone I talked to said the fishing was slow. As a matter of fact, no one had caught any shad. I saw one person in a canoe on the north bank just up from the RR bridge pull in one shad. We tried darts, spoons, and curly tail jigs for about two hours. Nothing. I have not been able to find any reliable reports on line, so maybe things will pick up by next weekend.
    Good luck and tight lines!
    sigpic

With the warming trend this week, I think the run will pick up.
    ~Tight Lines~
    www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

We went out Sunday afternoon for a few hours. Fished 3rd pylon down river under 95 bridge. Only caught a few on chart shad darts, guy I went with caught a couple dozen on Saturday. River was a mad house, kayaks to cabin cruisers both shorelines packed.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X