ABA Virginia Division 13 tournament results - 8/31/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABA Virginia Division 13 tournament results - 8/31/19

Results for Chickahominy River, 31 Aug (Most of these notes, slightly modified, came from the tournament director, Gary Connor):

The final one-day qualifier brought out 30 anglers to enjoy beautiful weather and fairly good fishing. There were 19 limits brought in today and new member Scott Stephenson, fishing with ABA for the first time had the winning weight at 15.92 pounds. Said Scott "I probably caught 20 keeper fish today, fishing a variety of baits - Ricos, spinner baits and worms - in the creeks." The win earned him $680.

Second place went to Mike Pendleton with 14.57 pounds, which he anchored with a 4.88 pound fish.

Gary Connor took third with a total of 12.85, including a 4.30 for his big fish. He worked mostly main river areas and didn't catch any two fish on the same bait.

Rounding out the money spots were John Gillis (12.81) and Matt Floyd (11.94) Matt also had big fish for the tournament with a nice 5.22 pound largemouth.

My own results:

I caught plenty keeper fish, plus a few dinks - mostly in the morning prior to 9:30. I was fishing a wacky rigged Senko on main river docks that had pads near them. I caught a few on the outer edges of the pads, but most were on the ends of docks, just prior to dead-low tide. I caught a few more after the tide started coming back in, but not nearly as many as the end of outgoing tide. I finished quite a bit down in the standings at 23rd out of 30, with a 5 fish limit that weighed 7.36. I had a dead fish, so I lost .5 on the penalty, resulting in 6.86.

All the best,
    Glenn

Working...
X

Debug Information