Chickahominy Lake Fishing Report 5/9/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickahominy Lake Fishing Report 5/9/14

Hit Chic Lake tonight from 6:30 until dusk. Caught a nice 2# in the pads on Spro Poppin Frog.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	98013

Also the bowfin or gar or something big and black/brown was spawning throughout the lake. Short video clip below. Pretty cool.
    Matt Ohlschlager

We are coming to the Chick in August...will be at Rockahock for 4 days...would like to fish the lake one day during our stay since we never have...how is the lake as far as running in a bass boat? shallow? stumps? well marked? any info would be helpful...Thanks, Greg

Comment

I've never seen anything marked but I do see a lot of others out there in the larger bass boats. There are a fair amount of Cyprus stumps and structure closer to the shore but if you stay in the main channels for running you should be okay. Usually about 8-15 feet in that area. . But you do have to keep an eye out. I've never noticed any hazard markers but that doesn't mean they aren't there .
      Matt Ohlschlager

Comment

The lake is fine for bass boats, I routinely use my 22ft bay boat in the lake with no problems at all. Only caution is once you get to the upper part of the lake (where you will have noticeable water flow/ current) you need to know the area as there is truly only one channel that runs through that area.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information