Post va East TX report 4 March.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post va East TX report 4 March.

I hit the Chick this past Tue for my first pre-fishing trip of the year.
    It was my plan to pre-fish the Chick a couple of days prior to my VA East Tx, but the winds kept me from that, so Tue was it.
    I found water temps close to 60 on Tue. Post cold front temps were about 54/55, so not bad.
    With no grass or Pads to speak of yet, I went straight to the hard cover; cypress and lay downs. I fished from the Dam to the cut thru. I focused on the outside cypress closet to deeper water. By the end of the day on Tue, I figured my best five would go about 13 pounds, or maybe 14 at best. No big bites, just solid fish. When it was all said and done; the blue fleck power worm and drop shot were the ticket. Ya, I said drop shot. I cant believe it either, lol.
    My tournament day was a repeat of Tue, minus the water levels. Three days of strong NNW winds kept the tide from being normal. Blew all the water out and kept it out. High tide was actually lower than a normal low tide. So whats that tell ya, right?
    Anyway. I had a solid bag at 15 1/2 pounds (5th place out of 20 boats), and my big fish was a four pounder.
    Post tx dock talk was that the rattle trap and crank bait bite was on big time and there were bass to be found on early emerging pad flats. Oh well. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, right?
    As always, it takes catching a nice kicker on the chick to get in the money with that crowd. Maybe next time, lol.
    Now on to Anna for our next tx on the 25th. Sounds like the pre-spawn bite is on, so it should be fun.

God bless and see ya on the water.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Great report Jim and very solid finish!!
    "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Comment

Congratulations fella!
      Crank That Jank!
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats Jim. Knew you would find them. And the dropshot??????? You rock.
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

MY MAN! Nice job Jim
          sigpic
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats Jim great finish and start to the year! good to see you and hang out for a bit.
            sigpic
            sigpic

Comment

Good work Jim.
              Wishin' I was fishin'...
              www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

glad to see you throwing a drop shot on the chick :)
                Make VAO Great again

Comment

Well done Jim! Drop shot huh? Interesting...
                  Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information