Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gnfsnva
    replied
    Dang, too bad y'all didn't get on too much. Gordon's is a good place to fish, but it's all about the tide.

Better luck next time, and we look forward to the reports.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Same as E wish it had turned out better for you. Lot of places are tough right now but the closer we get to a little cooler weather the James/Chick and others will fire off. But then its time to chase deer!

Leave a comment:

• Big E
    replied
    Sorry you didn't get on the bass. The river is fishing tough right now and is very dependant on the right tide. I have to believe the fish you were seeing were gar. That end of the creek is full of them. Hard to catch them. If they were pike I would think you would catch one. Hope you have better luck next time cause it is a good river to fish.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    started a topic Chick Fishing Report 7/30/2011

Chick Fishing Report 7/30/2011

Went out with a buddy to the Chick today. We got there around 6am and took off down Gordons Creek. We weren't out even a half an hour and I hooked into a blue catfish. Small guy but it was an early bite. I caught him on a green and white blue diver minnow (3-5 ft). The day looked promising with such an early catch.

We continued down Gordons Creek with not so much as another hit. We continued to Nayses Bay where we saw what we thought were pike chasing after small bait fish. We started fishing in 2-5ft of water with very heavy vegetation. Time for the extreme weedless. We threw on a few plastic minnows with no luck and then switched to a Texas style worm rig. Still no hits. The pike were everywhere around us, at least 10 hitting the surface every minute. It was hard to watch them take all the bait fish out and not get a single hit. We stayed there for the better part of an hour and decided to move on to Nettles Creek.

When we got to Nettles we threw on the jigs and crankbaits, no hits on the way up. We got half way up the creek and decided to turn around and give it another shot. We fished every branch of that creek we could find and only got a few hits with no catches.

By this time it was around 2pm. Right where the Nayses Bay met Gordons creek we made an amazing discovery. There were small bait fish jumping out of the water with schools of catfish and pike coming out of the water after them! We were extremely excited and ended up fishing that one area for another hour and a half. My buddy caught a 3lb blue catfish on a silver rooster tail. I had no such luck. The fish weren't spooked by the boat one bit. They would come out of the water within a foot or two of the boat. We got a good look at the pike and boy were they big. I saw what I thought was a long nose gar but I'm not 100% on that one. We threw everything we had in our tackle boxes at them. Crankbaits, rooster tails, frogs, spinners, buzz baits, jigs, worms, torpedoes, poppers ... we couldn't get a bite to save our lives! It was such a disappointment. Now I'm no pro fisherman but to catch nothing when there were so many fish... what were we doing wrong?

Nice river to go to and there are plenty of fish. Some advice though... don't take a canoe:Titanic:! Make sure you have some sort of engine to get you around. The only thing I got was a catfish and sunburn:Swear:. We got back to the docks at 4pm, loaded up, and headed home. I plan on going back with some more ammo and maybe some live bait and definitely a motor.

I need a beer:Drink:
Working...
X