9/30 with Fish 4-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/30 with Fish 4-5

Took the day off Friday and went fishing with John (Fish 4-5) He met me at my house at 6:00 and we headed to the Chick. Put in at Rivers Rest and proceeded to run down river to catch the last of the outgoing tide. Started in Gordon's and hit a few spots but nothing. Ran up and hit a main river spot and I finally get the skunk out with a chuncky fish on a chatterbait. Hit the mouth of another creek and John pops a nice one on a craw worm. We keep moving up river and hit a spot that has a few pads in it and I stick a big one but don't get 2 cranks on the reel and the fish comes off. That stung me a bit because it was a good one. I was trying braid with a fluoro leader and didn't set the hook as hard as I should and just blew it with that fish. We ran a little further up and start fishing a pad field and John nails another one on a frog. We keep working our way towards the dam hitting spots and the tide is about dead low. We're fishing a grass edge when John pops another one, smaller keeper on a craw worm. At this point I'm trying to figure out where we can catch another fish. It's been a pretty tough post front day so far. We start working our way back and fish a couple docks that I watched Ike fish in the Open. I catch a small keeper on a shakey head and loose another one on the next dock because of being on the phone with one of my crews. Hate it when work gets in the way of fishing! LOL We tried a couple more spots and I think I caught a short on a jig and we call it a day around 3:00. We ended up with 5 keepers that I guess would go around 9+ or so. Really wish we could have done a little better but it was a tough day. Really enjoyed it though. Was great getting to finally meet John and spending a day on the water with him. John, your welcome to fish with me any day dude! Look forward to doing it again... probably after deer season! LOL
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic
Working...
X

Debug Information