Nawney Creek Nov. 2, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nawney Creek Nov. 2, 2019

It's been some time since I fished. The woman gave me a coffee mug that says "I love my wife lets me fish". I need to trade that mug in for something more accurate like "...once a year".

I haven't been to the Back Bay in a few years. Nawney never lets me down. This time of year, bass still like a Superfluke during midday and Rebel Pop R late afternoon hours. It felt good to break out the old yak and work my now withering wimpy arms while revisiting an old haunt. One advantage of hitting the creek this late in the fall is that the cottonmouths went missing without a trace.

We caught a lot of bass. Nothing more than a few pounds. No bowfin which is good. It's a good creek to take a yak. Try it if you have the opportunity.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Back Bay is on my bucket list for sure
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Originally posted by PsuHntr View Post
      Back Bay is on my bucket list for sure
      We put in at the Visitor Contact Station once but had little luck. I think we hit it at the wrong time. Exploring that place with a kayak when the fish could be anywhere isn't easy without a fish finder. That place is likely easier to fish in March when the bass crowd up close to the grassy shore line.

Nawney is a lot less intimidating. There are plenty of places to intuitively drop some soft plastic or cast a top water lure. At the right time of day, that tiny creek can hold tons of bass.
      Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information