Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confluence land Access: Rappahannock/Rapidan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confluence land Access: Rappahannock/Rapidan?

https://www.riverfriends.org/the-confluence/

"There are two ways to reach the confluence. One way is to take a light, one-mile hike in from Richards Ferry Road in Culpeper (Online maps will show a Richard’s Ferry Road in Stafford County which takes you to private property. Please ensure that you have the correct Richard’s Ferry Road in Culpeper County)"

Does anyone know where I can park my car along Richard's Ferry Road to access the confluence by foot? I don't see any trails on google maps or areas for parking. But apparently the city of Fredericksburg owns the land.

A google maps GPS location would be very helpful and I would very much appreciate it. Once I make it down there i'll be following up with some photographs.
    Probably Somewhere Drunk.

Park in the cul de sac at the end of the road and follow the trail behind the gate. Can't miss it. It's probably not visible on Google maps because of the trees.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I plan on heading down there next week.

I'll be sure to report back and let you guys know how it went.

Comment

Be sure to bring good wading shoes cause the confluence is very rocky. I look forward to your report!

Comment

I've used that area before in past Brian and followed direction of land owner. Last 2 times there someone let air out of my tires and received nasty notes on my truck that I had no business in the neighborhood leading back. But it's is a beautiful walk and awesome place for wade fishing. There also use to be an old guy wading around out there nude, he'd be out there every time I went. Figured it was his deal. Never spoke to him or bothered by him, so to each there own
          2017 Ironman winner
          2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Originally posted by skeet1 View Post
            I've used that area before in past Brian and followed direction of land owner. Last 2 times there someone let air out of my tires and received nasty notes on my truck that I had no business in the neighborhood leading back. But it's is a beautiful walk and awesome place for wade fishing. There also use to be an old guy wading around out there nude, he'd be out there every time I went. Figured it was his deal. Never spoke to him or bothered by him, so to each there own
            That's awful, I don't understand why someone would do that. Well, I can understand why someone would wade naked, that makes sense. But leaving notes and letting air out of your tires, that's sad.

I just went down there yesterday. The fishing was amazing, caught a good amount of smallmouths. Beautiful place to wade, although the rocks are very slippery. I was practically swimming in some areas. Didn't see a single person down there all day.

I will be uploading a picture of one of the bass i caught later once my buddy emails it to me.
            Last edited by 88mm; 06-16-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Figured I would provide a sad but pertinent update on this topic since I couldn't find anything else online about it. Today I tried to fish the confluence via Richards Ferry Road and found that the parking lot at the end of Richard's Ferry Road is now completely blocked off and posted private property. I couldn't believe it. Looks to be a pretty recent development, there were even cameras on the area to ensure that no one tried to get around the chain blocking the road. Wish I had more info but all I know is that you cannot use that parking lot anymore and there is nowhere to park, therefore the only way to access the Confluence is by floating in.

Comment

Wow, I don't know how that's even legal. I thought that trail was city of Fredericksburg property.

Comment

Call the city and find out. I've seen hunt clubs post public property. Not saying this is the fact, but people do some stupid, selfish stuff sometimes.

Comment

My Wade fishing the Rivanna Book mentions contacting the Fredricksburg City Water Shed Manager regarding access...might be worth somebody making a call.
                    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Working...
                    X