Briery last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briery last week

Had a chance to hit Briery last week...wanted to chase some schooling fish but forecasted 5/10 mph winds didn't get my hopes up...5/10 turned it probably 20 sustained.....threw a lot of different things at them including a 110 that I casted into the abyss ....finally I said screw it and tied on a whopper plopper and started to chuck in wind...after about 10 minutes a hung a good one...22 1/2 inches but skinny but i'll take another citation....tm'd over to the other side of the lake and hit a windy point and bamn...another really solid fish around 4/5 pounds...kept on going down the bank and another one smoked the plopper...this one came off and it was prob 5/6 pounds but at that point I wasn't even mad....ok, maybe a little..tied on a plopper for my pard and they lost another really solid fish and I had one more blow up...not a bad day
    Make VAO Great again

nice work, aaron. have never been to Briery but it's on the list. i'll have to hit up WayneP for a refresh on his wacky rig before I go . . .
    sigpic

Comment

Let me know if you want to go sometime you def will not be putting your boat in there...
      Make VAO Great again

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I fished there on the 16th and it was windy--the weather man lied again.
          Managed to catch 22 bass with the largest at 7# 2 oz.
          Also caught several crappie over 1#, they would hit a wacky rigged Trick work but not good enough to get hooked, followed up those hits with a small jig to catch them to confirm what species was doing that.
          Since I got the Minnkota Ultrex, the wind is not so bad to deal with.

Comment

Would love to go there, what do you think from a kayak?

Comment

I see lots of fishing kayaks there. Was three launching the same time I was on the 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne P. View Post
                I see lots of fishing kayaks there. Was three launching the same time I was on the 16th.
                Good to know, thanks

Comment

Be prepared to "bump some tree tops".
                  2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                  2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                  2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                  2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X