Any feedback on these lakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback on these lakes?

Looking to try some other lakes and impoundments. Any feedback on these lakes etc?

Beaver Creek in Albemarle
    Rivanna Reservoir
    Northeast Reservior

Or let me ask this - what other places do you recommend for dropping the boat in - want to try some new waters - Chesdin maybe?

The OCHS Anglers have been to NE Res a couple of times for their HS Club Tournaments. Personally I wouldn’t go there unless I lived very close and had a fully equipped all Elec John Boat.
    Chesdin however is awesome. I think Chesdin has more huge Bass and Stripers per acre of water than any other place I have ever fished. Like Lake Anna it is a tough place to figure out but once you do then its "Kattie bar the doors".
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

I have thought about Chesdin - let me ask you this. If I think Lake Anna can be tough or was tough to figure out - is Chesdin worse?

Comment

Chesdin is 3100 acres and Lake Anna is 9300 acres. For me it fishes identical to Anna, but because its 1/3rd the size of Anna I can pattern the fish faster. Depending on what time of the year and lake levels you can almost omit another 1000 acres of unproductive low percentage water before you even get there. It’s only my guess but I don’t think it has the numbers of Bass as Anna but it defiantly has a larger than average quality of Bass. If your success at Lake Anna has been limited Chesdin will probably not be worth the gas and time you would spend to get there. Hope this helps.
        2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
        2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

oh great - another lake that makes me want to pull my hair out... :(

Comment

I know the upper reaches of the Potomac is great striper fishing in late April and early May.They follow shad up there to spawn. I have had grate luck in the past few years there and look forward to going again this April.
            StriperKing

Comment

I've fished Beaver Creek several times with limited results. The bass seem to be small and not real big in numbers. You can catch a ton of small crappie also.

Comment

Originally posted by dreaminbig View Post
                I've fished Beaver Creek several times with limited results. The bass seem to be small and not real big in numbers. You can catch a ton of small crappie also.
                We call it the dead sea. I have fished it a dozen times over the years and have never had what I would call a good day.
                sigpic
                sigpic

Comment

Diascund Reservior is a pretty good (electric motor only) place to fish. I've caught some real nice bass in there. Chesdin is easier than Anna as far as I'm concerned. The lake does have a 45 mph speed limit on it also.
                  Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

if you fish chesdin fish the back end . chesdin is an easy lake to fish but muddys bad after a rain

Comment

Working...
                    X