Upper James trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper James trip

Decided to hit the upper James River yesterday with a buddy and went in with pretty low expectations as I haven
    Attached Files
    Make VAO Great again

not sure what happened to the write up....

Decided to hit the upper James River yesterday with a buddy and went in with pretty low expectations as I havent fished that stretch in almost 2 years and never in the winter....hit a tapering point first thing and my buddy caught a nice 13 inch crappie off a blade bait so at least we got the skunk out of the boat :) we moved a few 100 yards down the river to fish a channel bank with rock on it and I picked up a ned rig to flip next to a tree and as we floated down I made mention to my buddy what was on the graph...I was like that looks like a little bait ball with one big fish sitting behind it so I just off of dropped my ned rig down to the bottom not really expecting anything but as soon as the bait hit the bottom....thwack...set the hook and told him I think this is a pretty good fish...get the fish to the boat and it was a 21 1/2 inch smallie and weighed just under 5 pounds! I ve been trying to catch a citation smallie forever now and man I couldnt describe the feeling of catching that fish! we managed a few more smallies on blade baits and I caught a nice chunky large mouth to end the day on a 110 +1 off the same point we started on...I also found a really nice school or crappie hanging out on a submerged lay down that I was able to find on my SI....learning to read your graph can lead to such better fishing! We pulled 10/12 nice sized crappie of the lay down and called it a day
    Last edited by PsuHntr; 01-06-2020, 04:11 PM. Reason: Because Striper runs a 3rd world country sit that punishes you for using proper puncuation
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Apparently there is a glitch if you use an apostrophe, it cuts you off.

Nice feesh!
      sigpic

Comment

Sweet. How far up the James were you?
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

Really nice smallie! Congrats

Comment

Up around Lynchburg Larry
            Make VAO Great again

Comment

great work, aaron. some nice fish in that bag.
              sigpic

Comment

That's an awesome smallie! I need to do that one day! Good job dude!
                Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Beast of a smallie, WTG!

Comment

Saw your pic on the cover of this month's Woods and Waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan 2 View Post
                      Saw your pic on the cover of this month's Woods and Waters.
                      guilty :)
                      Make VAO Great again

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information