X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PsuHntr
    replied
    Originally posted by Bryan 2 View Post
    Saw your pic on the cover of this month's Woods and Waters.
    guilty :)

Leave a comment:

• Bryan 2
    replied
    Saw your pic on the cover of this month's Woods and Waters.

Leave a comment:

• Bryan 2
    replied
    Beast of a smallie, WTG!

Leave a comment:

• Big E
    replied
    That's an awesome smallie! I need to do that one day! Good job dude!

Leave a comment:

• 31Airborne
    replied
    great work, aaron. some nice fish in that bag.

Leave a comment:

• PsuHntr
    replied
    Up around Lynchburg Larry

Leave a comment:

• curly
    replied
    Really nice smallie! Congrats

Leave a comment:

• dirtman
    replied
    Sweet. How far up the James were you?

Leave a comment:

• Stratos 283 FS
    replied
    Apparently there is a glitch if you use an apostrophe, it cuts you off.

Nice feesh!

Leave a comment:

• PsuHntr
    replied
    not sure what happened to the write up....

Decided to hit the upper James River yesterday with a buddy and went in with pretty low expectations as I havent fished that stretch in almost 2 years and never in the winter....hit a tapering point first thing and my buddy caught a nice 13 inch crappie off a blade bait so at least we got the skunk out of the boat :) we moved a few 100 yards down the river to fish a channel bank with rock on it and I picked up a ned rig to flip next to a tree and as we floated down I made mention to my buddy what was on the graph...I was like that looks like a little bait ball with one big fish sitting behind it so I just off of dropped my ned rig down to the bottom not really expecting anything but as soon as the bait hit the bottom....thwack...set the hook and told him I think this is a pretty good fish...get the fish to the boat and it was a 21 1/2 inch smallie and weighed just under 5 pounds! I ve been trying to catch a citation smallie forever now and man I couldnt describe the feeling of catching that fish! we managed a few more smallies on blade baits and I caught a nice chunky large mouth to end the day on a 110 +1 off the same point we started on...I also found a really nice school or crappie hanging out on a submerged lay down that I was able to find on my SI....learning to read your graph can lead to such better fishing! We pulled 10/12 nice sized crappie of the lay down and called it a day
    Last edited by PsuHntr; 01-06-2020, 04:11 PM. Reason: Because Striper runs a 3rd world country sit that punishes you for using proper puncuation

Leave a comment:

• PsuHntr
    started a topic Upper James trip

Upper James trip

Decided to hit the upper James River yesterday with a buddy and went in with pretty low expectations as I haven
    Attached Files
Working...
X