Rain and cold temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain and cold temps

Was wondering how the rain and cold temps might affect things on the James. The temperature has swung pretty bad, does it affect largemouth and small mouth equally?

a sudden, hard temperature change will affect just about all species. a large influx of water, esp if it falls in a short period, will also affect fish (usually in a bad way). fish like stability.
    sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about the Elite 70 being on the James with all this rain. I dont know what the water temps have done, but I drive over the river each day, and I was surprised to see the color and levels werent as bad as I expected this morning. I know that stuff is still coming in from surrounding areas, but hopefully it doesnt affect things too much.

31 - how severe of a temp drop would you rate the last 3 to 4 days, was this a "significant" drop, or something to really mess the bass up?

Comment

temps on the New River dropped almost 10 degrees. spoke w some who saw a more dramatic drop. also spoke w/ a friend who lives on SML. he saw 69.7 after TUES's rain - a 10+ degree drop from prior to the rain.

i'd consider 10 degrees a significant drop this time of year, esp since the trend is for water temps to rise gradually until they hit their summer plateau.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information