James/Chick Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James/Chick Report

Okay... so I've been beat up a little bit about being closed mouth about fishing success the last few tournaments. So Bryan Elrod and I have had a couple lucky tournaments in a row and have been fortunate to win the Aug. Castaway's and this past weekend 2 day classic. Well, kudo's goes to Bryan for finding a little nitch and I just helped expand on it a little. Without getting too specific, the fish we caught were in the backs of creeks(way back); once back there you had to look for the deepest water(deep being relative) and if it had some wood or grass in that deeper area it was money. We have been catching the bulk of them on a jig, but on cloudy days like this past Sunday they would smash a buzzbait or moving bait. We actually caught a 5 pounder Sat and Sun off the exact same log. For me the Chick and James has always been about spots and knowing which tide to be there.... but the past couple months has poven that there are patterns to be had here and specificly patterns for the bigger fish. So, dont be afraid to go against the grain and try something crazy or go beyond where most everybody else goes.

Eddie
    Last edited by eddiegriggs; 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM.

Thanks for report Eddie - and congratulations on your continued Chic/James success.
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for reporting Eddie. Congrats to you and bryan on the wins.
      Last edited by JayT; 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM.
      sigpic
      VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

You two have killed it lately! Congratualtions to you and Bryan!

Now it's about time to kill some Big Bucks!!!
        Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the wins!
          Make VAO Great again

Comment

Great job Eddie, thanks for the report.
            You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

Comment

Working...
            X