Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largemouth bass on the James

Posted by gregt

Is there a magical line as to where the largemouth become more predominant than smallmouth on the James?

This line is where?
    sigpicFISH-ON Giggity...

Comment

Bingo - thats what I am trying to find out. I have caught largemouth as far west as westview on the James - but I am trying to figure out where the predominant numbers of bass switch to largemouth.

I am thinking of a few trips with the boat around James River HS - I cant think of the ramp name.

Comment

Fall line maybe? Just stabbing in the dark here. lol. I don't intentionally bass fish the james and don't fish further up than the varina enon bridge usually so I guess...um....yea. Nevermind. lol.
        https://sites.google.com/site/catfis...Pennbanner.jpg

Comment

I am coming to Williamsburg on May 19. Never been there.Would like to bass both small and large mouth.Where is the best place to put in and what kind places do I need to fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Underwood View Post
            I am coming to Williamsburg on May 19. Never been there.Would like to bass both small and large mouth.Where is the best place to put in and what kind places do I need to fish?
            Will you have a boat at all?

Comment

Yes I have a boat mine is a small 35 House tracker. Will that be good for the river and how far from Williamsburg will I need to go for good fishing? I guess it will be post spawn buy May 19 . Would love to catch some small mouths. Do you have crappie in the James river?

Comment

grew up on the james, fished the chick and appomattox. most largemouth fishing is from the fall line at 95 downriver. if you are fishing near williamsburg try the chickahominy but dont look for smallmouths. you wont see many of them till you get above 95 on the james. the chick has good crappie too.

Comment

Working...
                X