James on June 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James on June 6th

Any advice for fishing the James on June 6th? The most fish I have ever weighed in on the river is three. TKS
    Last edited by outfishinu; 05-16-2008, 09:46 PM.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

main river stuff will be key then. Just fish current and any breaks in it. It can be anything. The lower creeks and the appomattox are probablly your best shot, but you might run into a crowd in them. I usually do well on the main river, there are lots of cuts, jetties, rocks, wood, etc.
    Last edited by outfishinu; 05-16-2008, 09:45 PM.
    sigpic
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

go to the barge pit below dutch gap boat landing. 1st gut to the right but watch depth finder ,stay in the channel

Comment

James/Chick

Heading down tomorrow to pre fish for Sat tx. Will post report on Sun or Monday. I am bringing just1more's "secret" weapon......
        Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
        sigpic

Comment

James/Chick May 23/24

I continue to struggle on the Chick for some reason. Prefished Friday and found some fish on isolated cypress trees with a Zoom finesse worm (Junebug) and 1/8 oz slder weight. I also was throwing a Berkley Craw - but got no takers. Had a few bites in the pads by floating a weightless worm over them and letting it drop in the open pockets. The trick was finding the right pads at the right time. Saw a couple guys catch them on buzzbaits and chart/white spinner bait as well. On Saturday, my boater was fishing areas that I didn't fish on Sat. which is usually the case. We were fishing an outgoing tide in creeks off the main river. Fish were caught on a shallow running crankbait (blue). I started throwing my shaky head with a trick worm (can't put that bait down) and caught a couple of 11 inchers. We got bit around submerged laydowns. I didn't have any keepers in the boat until 12:30 (2PM weigh in). I got these fish at the dam in a little pocket to the left of the dam as you are facing it. Also caught a 7lb catfish and a 14 in striper. Winning weight was 14 3/4 on the boater side and 9 1/2 for the co-angler. BF was 5 1/4 caught by the winning co-angler.

Hope everyone enjoy's a safe Memorial day...
          Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
          sigpic

Comment

I am heading to the Chick this weekend for a tournament on Sun. I will not prefish so I will be relying on main river patterns and past experience. I will let you know how it goes.
            2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
            2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X