VAO Tourny on 8/30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAO Tourny on 8/30.

It was good seeing VAO folks yesterday. Thanks to Larry for putting this on. He wasn't feeling 100% either. Hats off to him.

I hadn't been on the lake since last August so Brad and I had a plan of just fishing shallow grassy areas preferably in the shade. At least to start. We went to some spots that I knew of from the past and just covered water with top water lures. We started fishing near Hunter's Landing up lake and caught two nice bass in the 2.5-3.1 lb range pretty quick so that got our confidence up. I used Whopper Ploppers to get them. Black in color. We then combed the same area with plastics but only got one small one. We then fished a few more areas but not much so we went into Plentiful Creek and caught five or six more keepers on spinnerbaits in grass and plastics on docks and wood. These were small 13-14 inch fish but hey, they were keepers. Most fish here bit in 5-8 feet of water. I used Junebug Trick worm on 1/4 oz weight Texas rigged. We then finished up in Pigeon Creek where we caught another keeper around the gazebo on the right. Water looked to be about a foot and a half or two low. Water temps were 79-82 degrees.
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

I would say that's not bad, especially not having fished it in a year.

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the report!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice job guys
        Make VAO Great again

Comment

Working...
        X